Want tickets?

My band The Slang is opening for Saving Jane (they are all over the radio and TV lately) here in Columbus. I know this is far out, but we have a few comp tickets if anyone has family in the area that might want them. All we ask is that they show up on time to support us. Contact me and I can make it happen.

Dude… bummer. I would absolutely love to see you guys live. Alas, I won’t be anywhere near Columbus for a long time. That project I mentioned where I might be coming to Cleveland soon? Sh!t-canned… No car sales == no airbags == no need for our product. I just hope we survive until some kind of recovery happens…

Still… best of luck bud! Break a leg!

D

I have relatives in Akron, Springfield and Findlay, and an ex-brother-in-law there in Columbus, but it’s been over 10 years since I’ve been up there, so doubt I can be of any help. If by some miracle I find out I do know someone who’d love to go, I’ll let you know. Hope you end up with more support than you have room for, Bubba. :agree:

Bubba - I emailed my nephew in Columbus to get out and see you guys but I never heard back.
How’d the gig go?!

He still has a hangover

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 01 2009, 8:53 AM)

Bubba - I emailed my nephew in Columbus to get out and see you guys but I never heard back.
How'd the gig go?!

Went great. We sold out our show the next night. Been a busy weekend. As for hang over... a very easily preventable condition... and I don't plan to have one again if I can help it. I about killed myself this past Christmas in a situation of not eating all day and having more to drink than I realized. Too old for that crap. :)
Quote:

We sold out our show the next night.

Great! Keep it up Bubba. I was listening to the EP a couple days ago. Good stuff. You have more material in the works? Just waiting on the studio construction I guess...

D

Good.
Of course just messin with you a little.
Did anyone happen to make a video? That would be extremely interesting.

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 01 2009, 8:30 PM)

Quote:

We sold out our show the next night.

Great! Keep it up Bubba. I was listening to the EP a couple days ago. Good stuff. You have more material in the works? Just waiting on the studio construction I guess...

D

We have a whole new batch of tunes. I think the writing has gotten much better as we have found our "sound". The EP was sort of a mish mash and we have much more focus now I find. We have been in preproduction for a month or so. I have played the drum parts in with a Yamaha VKit and we are recording around those. BY the time i have everything done down there... 2018 or so, I can get the drum tracks finalized. However, I may farm out the drum recording to another studio in town just for time reasons. I would engineer of course and just basically rent their space.

As for video... I have no idea. They project everything on these big 10 foot across screens for those in the nose bleeds to see the stage at this place, but I don't know if they record it. Might be worth asking.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Mar. 01 2009, 10:31 PM)

Might be worth asking.

That all sounds great bubba!

:agree: