warm, even for me

normally in portland, summers are about as pleasant as you can possibly get.
average around 80-81, never any humidity, and 3 months of almost no rain.
but when it was 80 and 8:40 this morning, i knew we were in for a doozy.
104 tomorrow and wednesday.
then cooling off to the mid-90’s for the rest of the week.
you don’t see that in nova scotia often, do ya bill?

none of the trucks i drive at work have a/c.

levi and nix, i don’t wanna hear it.
i’ve lived where you guys are before, so i know the deal, but 10 years back in the northwest have re-wussified me.

yeah, i know it was around 115 in yuma as well.

Same here jdet - we’re so spoled in the summer - if it gets over 80 we turn into whiny snivelers too.

Was over 80 all last week - back to mid 70’s this week and afternoon showers. 100 days of the year this is the best place on the planet.

miserable in oklahoma too! we’ve had over a month of 100+ f weather till today when we finally got a little sprinkle of rain. i envy phoo but my relatives in washington are burning up too. i don’t want to suggest global warming but something is going on

Weird… it hasn’t been all that bad here in Nawth Alabammy… yet.

August can be a real broiler here though… All in all, it’s been fairly mild here this summer. shrug

Go figger…

D

stupid global warming. i thought in the 70’s the industrial gases were causing global cooling. go figgur.

Nice and toasty around here. Usually no humidity and 80 max. It’s not as bad as Portland but we are equipped for it, sort of like why Atlanta doesn’t have a bunch of snow plows. It’s 86 at 9:50. That’s not too bad except no one has air conditioning. We should get over 100 tomorrow or Wednesday. It was 98 this afternoon at home - mid 90’s officially, with about 10 degrees hotter the next few days. Glad I’m not in Portland. I hope it’s over soon.

I left work early today. A chiller popped a 2000 amp circuit breaker and they had to shut down the company internal servers about 2PM to keep them from overheating – the one’s my team use anyway – wasn’t a total system outage but it stopped our work flat. Got the chiller going about 8PM tonight.

I know how to sleep in this stuff. Keep saying that there’s two feet of snow outside and the electric blanket is doing a great job…yeah…that’s it.

So true that’s hot!
I always get a lonesome feeling in late August, Sep, when I notice the temp cooling off down in the mid 80s at 3:30 am or so. Tis normal above 95 that time of night in Aug around here.

what did i say, levi?
WHAT did i say? ??? :)

Related…

WAAAA… WAAAA!!

Thieving cry-baby… ridiculous… what about those people he fleeced who are possibly living in the streets under over passes now?

Cry me a bucket full Stanford…
:disagree:

D

:) Well like you not careing what Me and Nix had to say about it, I didn't care if you wanted to hear it or not :laugh: besides we had nothing to do with you being run out of Texas. :cool:

We haven’t had to turn on the AC yet this year - but it’s been a lot of good golfing weather!

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 28 2009, 3:04 PM)

We haven't had to turn on the AC yet this year - but it's been a lot of good golfing weather!

Wow... we'd be dripping puddles without the A/C. Starting about mid-April or early May it is ON. Of course, like I said earlier it hasn't been too bad this summer. We haven't had a big high pressure 'dome' squat on us like has happened before. When that happens all you can do is sit and bake...

It's a bit cloudy and sprinkling a tad of rain off and on right now. It's really pleasant outside.

D
Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 28 2009, 3:04 PM)

We haven't had to turn on the AC yet this year - but it's been a lot of good golfing weather!

You do take those hockey gloves off when you goofball right? :laugh: "four"
Hey there was this expro hockey player who used to play with my dad. He was described as one with an amusing style swing, that scored well on the g/course aka goofball course.

Just a thought in passing; thinking they should make golf balls the same shape as footballs. Then no one would care to go looking for them.
Ha ha just kiddin, lov to play goofball.

i loved playing golf mid-day, mid-summer in texas.
i worked graveyard, and by 10am it was too hot to sleep (no a/c in the barracks).
so i’d have the whole course to myself all afternoon, no one else was foolish enough to brave the 105 degree heat.

105 right now.
i’m glad i finished work early today.
wife had a pastrami/swiss sandwich and a 12-pack of sam adams waiting when i got home!
talk about love and devotion!
then i found out i’ve got an extra last-minute added rehearsal at church today.
beer must wait.
homer sad.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jul. 27 2009, 10:50 PM)

normally in portland, summers are about as pleasant as you can possibly get.
average around 80-81, never any humidity, and 3 months of almost no rain.
but when it was 80 and 8:40 this morning, i knew we were in for a doozy.
104 tomorrow and wednesday.
then cooling off to the mid-90's for the rest of the week.
you don't see that in nova scotia often, do ya bill?

none of the trucks i drive at work have a/c.

levi and nix, i don't wanna hear it.
i've lived where you guys are before, so i know the deal, but 10 years back in the northwest have re-wussified me.

yeah, i know it was around 115 in yuma as well.

This has got to be the worst summers, weather-wise, I can remember, in some years..

It seems as though the jet stream is bringing the weather up the coast from the Carolina's.. The humidity is killing the summer, for us, as we know it.. I think they are reporting this to be one of the wettest summers on record.
A good summer for
us would mean, the jet stream would be relatively straight across the continent from west-to-east..
and continuing like that for weeks on end..

I can remember spending late June and early July in Georgia and Eastern Tennessee one year..
I think it was in '96..
Anyway, they were in the middle of a heat-wave..
Now.., if you're from East-Coast Canada..
we're not equipped for that kind of weather.
They set their A/C for me at 72..
That's pretty cold for Southerners..
For me, that's great..
Anyway, it's mid morning..
9:00/9:30am..
The sun's beat'n down.. it's 105-106
at that hour..
The doors are all closed..
I had to laugh to myself..
He sticks his nose out the door and sniffs the air like we do here in mid Feburary and quickly closes the door, saying, "Boy...
she's gonna be hot today"..

:)

You can tell the trucks around here that have Air..
They are all tool'n around with the windows up..
Most of the rigs around here are set up for the winters.. They have Hot Boxes.. (Furnaces with pumps..
run by the engine's fuel..) they are connected to the engine's cooling system.. Controlled by the computer..
The Block never really cools down..
no trouble firing up (starting), in any weather.
I have trouble with the rig I run.. If it gets hot..
I'm always callin in to ask if they got anyone in the shop that can fix "My Air"..
hehe..

I shutter to think what's gonna happen around here when the hurricane weather ramps up.. I have a feeling we're gonna be in-for-it..

Bill..
Quote:

I can remember spending late June and early July in Georgia and Eastern Tennessee one year..
I think it was in '96..
Anyway, they were in the middle of a heat-wave..
Now.., if you're from East-Coast Canada..
we're not equipped for that kind of weather.
They set their A/C for me at 72..
That's pretty cold for Southerners..
For me, that's great..
Anyway, it's mid morning..
9:00/9:30am..
The sun's beat'n down.. it's 105-106
at that hour..
The doors are all closed..
I had to laugh to myself..
He sticks his nose out the door and sniffs the air like we do here in mid Feburary and quickly closes the door, saying, "Boy...
she's gonna be hot today"..

:)

I remember the summer of '96 well Bill. We were building the plant that I currently call 'my employer'. It was FARGIN' HOT!! The spinning plant is roughly four stories tall with an additional 60 feet or so to the top of the raw material silos... I was going UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN... a thousand times a day it seemed like. Hotter than Mephistopheles easy chair... Man, that was a rough summer. I'd crawl into bed at 0100 or 0200, the wife would wake up...

"Hey... whatcha doing?"

"Just lying here... feeling my feet THROB..." < (Hey Poppa! C&W song alert! :laugh: )

"Ohhhh... I'm a jus a' lyin' here... feelin' my ol' feets throb... But that ain't near as bad.... as a losin' my ol' coon dog... Bob..."

Work in momma, prison and pickup trucks... :laugh:

LOL... I crack me up... :) Small things amuse small minds etc... etc...

D

and long black trains. long black trains are always cool. i’ve got an unrecorded song about that somewhere, wrote it when i was hurt. can’t remember where it went. so i guess it’s (still) up to pops.

Levi, you know I hit the ball like a slapshot.

AC on in what month, D? Another good reason to live in Michigan.