warm, even for me

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 28 2009, 8:35 PM)

Levi, you know I hit the ball like a slapshot.

AC on in what month, D?
Another good reason to live in Michigan.

May brother... MAY! It's startin' to get WARM about then...

Round here... when the first day of summer hits... you KNOW it's here...

Err... I can't think of ANY good reason to live in Michigan? (I blame Obama... :p ) No jobs... winter-time sucks... what's all that white, fluffy crap? ???

Joking... there's no place like 'home' eh?

D

Well as for a song about throbbing, in a late night bed-time talk with my wife?? I’m afraid the lyric wouldn’t include anything about feet.
:agree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 28 2009, 9:07 PM)

Well as for a song about throbbing, in a late night bed-time talk with my wife?? I'm afraid the lyric wouldn't include anything about feet.
:agree:

:laugh:

You perv... LOL...

D
Quote:

I'm afraid the lyric wouldn't include anything about feet.

Maybe inches or fractions of inches... ROFLMAO! :p

D

Oh feet - inches - fractions… I GET IT! turd!

107 today.

D-and-PW took this thread for a nose-dive…

I think that went off on a tangent, somewhere…
:p
Maybe, they should take a drive about two o’clock in the morning to see who that see out there…

Anyway, it got up to about 28c here, today…
It’s not the temperature…
It’s the humidity…
along with the temperature…
The humid ex was in the mid 30’s…

This was a tough day around here …

If there only was a way to store the stuff and bring it out in the second week of February…

Bill…

41C - about 107 here right now. UGH!

That’s must be unbearable for you people over there…
You’re like us here…
So close to the water…

Somethings gotta give…

Bill…

today, 103f in seattle, normal is 81f. public health emergency has been declared. old folks being taken to shelters and some dying. long lines trying to buy a/c. more heat expected tomorrow. portland even worse. take care of yourself and family, phoo. maybe go tubing down the stilly, aye wot.

here in the northwest, when summer sets in, the humidity vanishes (except on the coast where the temperature is always quite a bit cooler). any marine influence which would bring in moist air cools the air considerably, so humidity is a non-factor here. it keeps the summers excellent, even at 107 (many thermometers here have read over 110 today).

Darn it’s been cool here!

Are these records for ya Jason?
Or has this (hopefully) happened before way up thata way?

Portland missed by 1 degree of hitting the record with 106 today (official record 107). Seattle broke the record at 103. That’s official temperatures. Seattle also broke the record for highest low. The Seattle records are not just for the day, but all time highs ever for the area. I didn’t hear if Portland broke daily records, but I assume they did. This just doesn’t happen here. Previous Seattle record was 100 in 1941, tied once in 1994.

…and we have no AC…double UGH!

Then again tomorrow is a new day. Expected to hit 100 again.

Yes, to y’all hot weather place folks. We know. We know. But we average only 3 days a year at 90 or above.

…did I mention we have no AC?

One of my computers has decided to…umm…not work in this weather. Hope it’s not dead dead.

In all seriousness, we’ve had more extremes in the last few years than I can remember. We had that three week snow around last Christmas.

in portland it’s typical to get one or two days a year right around 100, and it’s this big deal on the news and everyone stops buying pot for a day and buys fans and a/c’s instead. 107 was a portlnad record, although the airport did record 108 or 109 back in 1981 (i actually remember that day. flew in from michigan then). but it’s really not too big a deal. death valley’s been 120 for quite a while. i’ve been in 115 in texas. the soldiers in the middle east are sweatin’ to the oldies right now more than we are.

We are so affected by the weather we get here…
The first comments we make when we greet anyone we see is, to complain about our weather…
The next thing we say is…
Maybe, it’ll be different in an hour-or-so… :p
We’ll see…

The little plot of land that we call home is so insignificant to the rest of the continent’s size…

Bill…

phoo,
my eldest son, a king county sheriff’s deputy, sent me a video clip of the snow and resultant flooding. i had lived in marysville 30+ years and never saw it so bad. seattle is built on 7 hills so just an inch of snow can cripple the city, as you know. maybe you could take your family toobin’ or visit aquafest. i have a casement-mount a/c (fits side-sliding windows) that you can have but the shipping cost would be phenomenal. it probably weighs 150 lbs. it would cool one bedroom nicely. we have central a/c here so we don’t use it.

Hot! What you talking about boy?

Here it’s freezing, even if it’s near damn August!

EDIT:

Sorry, I just realized that I had too many beers last night and fell asleep in the freezer room.

Well, on the upside, at least now I know why when I got affectionate with my wife last night she felt like a frozen elk. :p

Quote:

Sorry, I just realized that I had too many beers last night and fell asleep in the freezer room.

Well, on the upside, at least now I know why when I got affectionate with my wife last night she felt like a frozen elk.

warning signs of a problem?

well, i guess falling asleep in a freezer in august is a high-class problem, one many oregonians wish they had this week.