Was it Love or Indigestion?

tony i downloaded lame & instaled it now audacity will convert to mp3 but ntrack still wont!
it keeps asking for this blade enc?

thankyou unblown you are forgiven, the vocals have some delay on them & every time we double track allisons voice we get this flanging efect which bubba reckoned was cos she sings everything identicaly each take! & its very hard to lose it

Tina

Hhhm!? D’you fancy doin’ a bug-check and reinstalling n?

Good stuff Tina - I listened to all yer stuff - not bad at all. Not my genre but I know good when I hears it.

side note - unknown, if yer ever ‘known’I’m a whoopin’ yer arse fer ya… just sayin’ - I’m a headed fer Kansas inda mornin’…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 10 2010, 6:55 PM)

side note - unknown, if yer ever 'known'I'm a whoopin' yer arse fer ya.... just sayin' - I'm a headed fer Kansas inda mornin'....

Ooooohhh... kinky!

UJ

PS BRING JERKY :laugh:
Quote: (TinaM @ Nov. 10 2010, 3:48 PM)

Tina

Quote:

jerm where do i get this FREEQ ? is it elevayta freeqboy & which you have to buy?

It's my fault you could not find/identify it since I spelled it wrong.
FreeQUEUE

Quote:

Anyway im really happy cos my gnx4 arrived today althouh im not sposed to have it till christmas i had to check it worked as its seconhand.
took me 45 mins to get a sound out of it! but when i did
i found some really great rhtyhm guitar sounds
& rerecorded a bit of the guitar part & hey presto the mix sorted itself out! it was the crap guitar sounds from the vamp2 messing everthing up & making the mix so muddy!

Yep, we told ya get rid of that V-amp, unless you need a good paper weight!

You are on your way to some sweet tones and recordings :)

that's just the factory stuff, wait till you get a load of the MFX supermodels and all the user patches you can swap on the net.

A merry Christmas indeed, couldn't have happened to a nicer gal :agree:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

All I know is that this is your best tune yet.
:agree:

My daughter Kate says “This is traveling music.”

As for FreeEq or any other… don’t think this plug will fix things magically. It is just another EQ and the same can be done with the built in N EQ. What is much more important is A) are the vocals loud enough in the mix B) Compressed/automation drawn properly so that they have a consistent level in the mix C) EQ to make sure they sit properly with the rest of the arrangement… in that order.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 11 2010, 9:47 AM)

As for FreeEq or any other... don't think this plug will fix things magically.

Well than I must be a leprechaun because it fixes things magically all the time for me :)

Specifically it fixes/reduces the amount of time I need to spend on mixing.
:agree:

Although it could be said with confidence any good preset VST can do that for various aspects of audio.
???

then again there are people who like sitting in front of computers for hours tweeking nobs and faders and referencing books to get a good mix....for them presets like FreeQ would not fix anything but take away their joy.

keep shinin

The point being, EQ may not be the fix and LISTENING to her mix… it isn’t. The vocals are simply too low.

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 11 2010, 9:52 AM)

then again there are people who like sitting in front of computers for hours tweeking nobs and faders...

And their stuff sounds like it does while yours sounds like it does.

You get out what you put in...

UJ

Hi TinaM:

What a great song you’ve created and posted…
I agree with dannyraymilligan way back on the first page of the topic…

Even if dannyraymilligan could have access to your tracks, he could allow the tracks to have more coupling to the apparent closeness to hearing the song…

My perception of the mix is, it appears too far away from my ears…
I guess that’s the best description I can give, to what I hear… It’s tough to put that description into words… I don’t think Compressing-and-Limiting are the plugs to correct the condition…
However, they could be ????

I know
poppa willis or Bubbagump could correct the mix, if that had those tracks…

What’s the secret you could share with TinaM, Gents ??? for mixing those tracks…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Nov. 11 2010, 10:15 AM)

What's the secret you could share with TinaM, Gents ??? for mixing those tracks..

See the post above yours...

Not trying to be an ass, it's just truth. Learn what the tools at your disposal DO and WORK, WORK, WORK. Use yer ears. (Heard that before someplace... hmmm...)

UJ

You kidding? I just make all that stuff up.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 11 2010, 10:00 AM)

The point being, EQ may not be the fix and LISTENING to her mix... it isn't. The vocals are simply too low.

You might got something there.

I have noticed tho when I put the FReeQ lead vocal setting on a track I have to turn it down 4-5db from the original volume I had it at (when it didn't sound good)

I don't know if FreeQ is adding gain on that preset or what but if not it does amaze me how the right EQ notch makes a difference in the amount of volume you need it at to be be clearly heard in a mix.

keep shinin

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 11 2010, 10:11 AM)

then again there are people who like sitting in front of computers for hours tweeking nobs and faders...

UJ

Wait...I put no time into it...so I should get no time out of it...so, if I put money into it, which I have, I should get money out of it? Reminds me of a dancing lady I once met.

Tina, I think you should upload all of the raw tracks and let folks here have a go at them. I bet I could screw up the mix much worse than anyone.

I’d put money on me thar mr… twin fiddles and harmonzikers’d be right nice in amoungst them guitfiddles.

If I get the chance, I intend to insert a melodica choir in a style reminiscent of the famous coda in Mozart’s Jupiter. Huh - you guys couldn’t top that if you drank radium water.

http://www.lincolncenter.org/enlightenment/mozart.html

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 11 2010, 1:59 PM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 11 2010, 10:11 AM)

UJ

Wait...I put no time into it...so I should get no time out of it...so, if I put money into it, which I have, I should get money out of it?
Reminds me of a dancing lady I once met.

I'd love to respond to that...

only it's fish stick night in the cafeteria and if you don't get their early enough they run out of ketchup....

so, got to run!
???

keep shinin

Ketchup and a Cherry/Radium Water… :p :laugh:

Then we’ll all run (well… walk) down to Hershey and get some White Chocolate…

Bill…