Wav display

Hey all
Is it possible to see the wav forms as they are recording? I have looked through the manual and can’t find the answer.
Thanks

Nope. :)

Thanks! :)

Sonar can do this although personally, I’d rather have the CPU cycles for recording rather than display the waveforms. Thats just me though…

TG

it’s sometimes nice to see that everything is working while you record rather than wait until the end to find that “the wav file is empty” :(

it’d be a nice option.

Quote (guitars69 @ June 14 2005,15:29)
it's sometimes nice to see that everything is working while you record rather than wait until the end to find that "the wav file is empty" :(

it'd be a nice option.

Tis' true. In Sonar, you have the option to display a red bar on tracks where data is recording rather than burn CPU cycles with the full waveform draw. Maybe Flavio could do something like that? I ain't got $$$$ for something like Sonar plus I love my n-Track!

TG

How seeing the wave shape fly by more useful than seeing the levels while recording?

You can do it with a plug in, but, do you really want to do that?

Drawing a graphic representation of the waveform can be quite CPU intensive; do ya wanna risk dropouts for the sake of pretty pictures? :)

Ali

My guess is these guys are talking about the times when the level meters are bouncing away but at playback time the track is empty. I have seen it happen myself way back on 3.3. Don’t know what the problem was…

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

it’s sometimes nice to see that everything is working while you record rather than wait until the end to find that "the wav file is empty"

True, but that’s what the recording meters are for.

On the other hand, it is possible to accidentally hit PLAY rather than RECORD, play one’s heart out in a never-to-be-repeated performance, and then swear profusely when one realizes it. Of course, that’s never happened to me because I never make mistakes, in my engineering or my playing … :;):

Ten foot pole------------------> <!–QuoteBegin>

Of course, that’s never happened to me because I never make mistakes, in my engineering or my playing …

:D :D

TG
Quote (Ali_T @ June 14 2005,17:36)
do ya wanna risk dropouts for the sake of pretty pictures? :)

Ali

Taking pix is my daily job. I really love pretty pix :D

I would find it a useful feature. For me it is kind of like watching tape spin :)