We're creeping up on 1,000 members again

:slight_smile:

The 1000th member ought to get a special gift or something, donā€™t you think? ???

The board probably resets itself again at 1,000 members.
???

I may take sh*t for this, but audiominds has been stuck around 700 for a while. I think itā€™s largely to do with Flavio removing the link from here & placing it in the Links section.

The only reason Iā€™m mentioning this is that I think this forum has become vibrant again w/o audiominds. Itā€™s been my experience that when forums split that one usually languishes & one flourishes. That hasnā€™t been the case, i.e., weā€™ve both flourished, with us gaining a little more momentum, which you would expect.

Mr Soul

Youā€™re right, Mike. you will probably take sh*t for that comment. Really it doesnā€™t matter, does it? :D

Really it doesn't matter, does it?
You started this thread, man. It's arbitrary that there are 1000 registered users, isn't it?

I like to analyze things. It was interesting to me to both forums have thrived - usually that's not the case (my main point).

Mr Soul

Youā€™ll get no crap from me. I visit and enjoy both forums. Mostly argue with you goobers here, and offer help and advice (when I can) elsewhere! :p :p

BTW, I agree that both seem to be thriving. Is it just me or do you guys think n got a shot in the arm when Flavio released V4? It seems like a LOT more noobs are popping in with questions about the demo these daysā€¦and thatā€™s good for Flavioā€¦and whatā€™s good for Flavā€¦is good for US!

TG

Quote (gtr4him @ Mar. 02 2005,15:01)
BTW, I agree that both seem to be thriving. Is it just me or do you guys think n got a shot in the arm when Flavio released V4? It

That's what got me back here... I upgraded (or was going to upgrade) to V4.0 and popped in with a question... Sheesh, just when you think you've conquered an addiction, all it takes is one little slip to fall back into the trap.
:p
Quote (Mr Soul @ Mar. 02 2005,13:50)
Really it doesn't matter, does it?

You started this thread, man. It's arbitrary that there are 1000 registered users, isn't it?

I like to analyze things. It was interesting to me to both forums have thrived - usually that's not the case (my main point).

Mr Soul
No, of course it is not at all arbitrary, 1000 is a magic number, I'm surprised you aren't up on your numerology. :)

As you note, this forum has a user base that will continually renew itself in n-Track users, the other forum doesn't. But they do have a number of people who are good friends and are committed to it. I s'pect that's the explanation. :) Duno if it has anything to do with a missing link.

Sorry - I missed out on that one. I know Saturn returns & convergences but not the 1,000 thing. Is a the millienium bugga-boo?

Mr Soul

ā€¦

ā€¦

Personally, I luv both forums, although audiominds has become pretty boring since they splitā€¦ I have searched all the other PC recording forums, and I have not once come up with a bookmarked spot that is any way near what this site talks about!! I click on this site, at least 2 x a week.
Chiller

audiominds has become pretty boring since they split
You mean another split? Not them splitting from here?

(Have I been under a rock?)

IQ has little to do with knowledge & youā€™ve still lost me :laugh:

I havenā€™t taken a formal IQ test in years, but I took an online one & a Menza IQ test once. I recall I got around 140 (Iā€™m losing my memory though), plus I was trying to brag alittle to the Idiot Slapper (who I find does irritate me alittle). Of course, I didnā€™t time myself which you are supposed to do, but if I was going to take a real test, I would practice.

<!ā€“QuoteBegin>

You mean another split? Not them splitting from here?

No - he means the ā€œoriginalā€ split. I find it a little boring over there but thatā€™s because I have to be nice when Iā€™m visiting (which I do for about 10 seconds) :O :laugh:

Mr Soul
Of course, I didn't time myself which you are supposed to do, but if I was going to take a real test, I would practice.

Practicing for an IQ test skews the results, as does taking the same one twice.

Talking of members - what happened to Dipendra (Dipenda ?)

Anyone knows ?

BTW I think there are other reasons for Audiominds having less forum members.
1: Fasoft site comes up if you do a search on multitrack software, ie it has some shareware to offer.
2: The main focus of Audiominds was to have a knowledge base, and then the forum started out as a side note. Iā€™m pretty sure that not everyone who visits the site joins the forum. Also, if I am interested in buying a piece of software and have questions about it (esp if I donā€™t know anyone anywhere else) iā€™ll sure as h3ll be joining the forum thatā€™s right there on the same site as the site you can download the software from.

edit/ 3: Its slightly more effort to be over in that forum. Here you can view without being registered, and that makes it easier to decide to join. If you have to register/join before you can have a look at whatā€™s on offer, fewer people do join.
/edit

Mike, you make a point - it is kind of interesting that both forums thrive. But then again, you must realise there is a handful of people (maybe even just one) thatā€™s over there that is not over here any more. The rest is still frequently on both. So even that is not a regular situation. We didnā€™t have a ā€˜splitā€™ per se, but rather another place to go and visit.

IIRC, the audiominds forum was created when the fasoft one was down, and then it was never closed down. For someone like Mac that provided the greener grass he was looking for, but for the rest of us it just provided another watering hole to hang with friends.

Cheers.

W.

Practicing for an IQ test skews the results, as does taking the same one twice.
For sure, but you can hown your mind & skills by practicing. IQ tests tend to be similar. I didn't take the same test. In the same way, you can prepare for GRE's.

The questions that I got wrong on the IQ tests I took were because of stupid mistakes & "tricky" questions that I didn't recognize.

Mr Soul

Not picking at you Mikeā€¦but donā€™t let 'em test you for spelling. One HONES ones skills. Not HOWNS. Typo?

TG

Thanks for the correction - Iā€™m bad w/o a spell checker.

Mr Soul