We're creeping up on 1,000 members again

Quote (Willy @ Mar. 03 2005,00:36)
Of course, I didn't time myself which you are supposed to do, but if I was going to take a real test, I would practice.

Practicing for an IQ test skews the results, as does taking the same one twice.
RATS

Well, then, I guess I'm bask at 96 in the shade. :(

Seriously, whoever signs up as 1,000 this time around should be subject to mutliple welcomes. Hey, what if Mac were it? I mean the real Mac, not the "real" Mac. :)
Quote (Mr Soul @ Mar. 03 2005,15:46)
Thanks for the correction - I'm bad w/o a spell checker.

Mr Soul

Spell check is great. Grammar checkers on the other hand are STUPID! (IMO) Why do they take intelligently worded, absolutely readable sentences and make the most retarded suggestions? If you use grammar checkers, you better proofread twice then, get someone else to proofread it too!

TG

Spellcheckisok.Grammarcheckisok.It’sthespacebarthatgivesmetrouble.

991! Welcome gmiller1122! :)

For sure, but you can hown your mind & skills by practicing. IQ tests tend to be similar.

What's the point of practicing for an IQ test - it defeats the purpose.

FWIW, IQ test scores are very dependant on the time taken to complete a task, particularly in tests like the WAIS-R (#### those colored blocks). Not to say that your IQ isn't 140-150, but I wouldn't put much stock in those web tests (even though I scored similarly on that as I did my WAIS-R test)...

Number recall always throws me. I actually scored better on the longer numbers because I started visualising them on a checkout register after stuffing the smaller numbers.

Willy.
What's the point of practicing for an IQ test - it defeats the purpose.
To get a higher score, of course :laugh: I did't prepare

I disagree that it defeats the purpose. There are patterns to taking IQ tests, like any test, so it can help you to prepare - nothing wrong with that. In the same way, you can and should prepare for GRE's, i.e., there are patterns & ways that questions are presented that you should be familar with, so they don't throw you.

Mr Soul

993! Welcome Fytrius! :D

Fytrius!

(Yet another far tone, or is it fart one?)

(We got our own URL at long last - http://www.thefartones.com )

Cool site phoo. Your bio is ah…dignifiably understated? :D :D

TG

995! Welcome rackron1!

:)

(sorry I missed 994! :( )

998! Welcome phil5633! :D

999! Welcome hardplay! :)

Tom - if I reregister as “teryeah - ME (Millenium Edition)” how mad will you be and for how long ?

:)

Not at all, for no time. :) It’s been sitting at 999, and I have to leave work now, so I can’t watch it anymore today. Let’s get it over with! :D

Welcome " RockerBug17" – member #1000!

Terry, you should have done it!:D

Dang, I missed it! And the board did not self-destruct! Let’s give RockerBug17 a free Mr. Microphone! :D

** guy in red convertible ** "Hey Flavio! We’ll be back for V5.0 later…"

Heh. I remember those commercials…dang I’m OLD! :D

TG

Actually “Rockerbug17” is 1001.

“hardplay” got member #1000 and then proceeded to post a spam for another message forum. I hope that’s not the only reason he created an account here.

:angry:

Quote (John @ Mar. 06 2005,13:04)
Actually "Rockerbug17" is 1001.

"hardplay" got member #1000 and then proceeded to post a spam for another message forum. I hope that's not the only reason he created an account here.

:angry:

Ah, so it was - I thought he was offering free space for music files. :( Anyway, Harplay said he/she/they/it had been registered under another name, so the judges declre that Rockerbug17 is the winner!

Step rightup rockerbug, for your very own Mr. Microphone! :)