weird stuttering when I solo a track...

has anybody experienced this? could it be a problem with my drivers? I’m using WDM right now…

A few seconds after I solo a track, playback starts to stutter really bad, then CPU usage jumps up over 100%.

A quick scan of the last few pages of the forum didn’t turn up reports of any similar problems so I figured I’d post…

I thought I had this program working, then I didn’t mess with it for a few weeks, now I come back to it and its all messed up again. As much as I like this software, I gotta say, it seems to have a ton of bugs…

Quote (TelevisionFission @ June 26 2005,14:38)
has anybody experienced this? could it be a problem with my drivers? I'm using WDM right now...

A few seconds after I solo a track, playback starts to stutter really bad, then CPU usage jumps up over 100%.

A quick scan of the last few pages of the forum didn't turn up reports of any similar problems so I figured I'd post...

I thought I had this program working, then I didn't mess with it for a few weeks, now I come back to it and its all messed up again. As much as I like this software, I gotta say, it seems to have a ton of bugs...

Did you try playing with the buffering settings? What sampling rate are you using? Out of all the multitracking software I've ever used, ntrack seems to have the least bugs :cool:
You can try checking the Playback in Mono While recording setting and that may speed things up, or just do a mono take if stereo isn't needed for the track.

yeah I have the buffers set “very high”, its still happening…
sampling rate is 44.1

I’m not sure what you mean about playing in mono. I’m not tracking, I’m mixing and I want my mix in stereo…

Setting n-Track to the highest buffer setting is not always a cure all. You may have to select “more options” and tweak the individual settings to find a happy medium.

Also under preferences\options … do you have “Read data from tracks even if muted” checked?

Disable any plug-ins you may have running and see if the problem goes away.