Welcome Home CD

freebie

I never remember to offer this to everyone here on Veteran’s Day or Memorial Day, so I’m doing it ToDay.

If you have any Vietnam Vets in the family or a “Wounded Warrior” burn 'em a copy on me.

Welcome Home CD

It includes my production of “Still In Saigon” , “Smitty’s Blues”, and “A Soldier’s Last Letter” which have never been posted anywhere.

11 song CD I produced on an old friend Chuck Price.

Listening right now Tommy, where, what when? details son details!
Sounds good.

Got this CRANKED UP! :agree:

My last Nashville session - 1991 - Gene Lawson’s Reflections Studio. Eddy Anderson on drums, Mike Severs and I on electric, Ronnie Hughes on bass, Don Potter on acoustic, Sonny Garrish on steel, Hoot Hester on mando, fiddle, Dennis Wilson, Sterling Whipple and myself on BGV’s. I think that’s everyone.

:agree: Thx Pop's

Grabbin’ it now Poppa. :agree: You da’ man!

D

Forgot Curtis Young on BGV’s also.
And of course Chuck Price, the artist and my co-writer on most of the tunes.
We wrote the entire set of originals in one week at ‘the cabin’ except for Johnny, which I wrote a week later. Wonder if the “Wounded Warrior” folks need some tunes?..

Sounds great bud!

that’s really cool, Tommy. do you think any of the same issues apply to Korean vets?

sure do Tom - they just never were as open about the war as others.

Nice Poppa. I gave 'em a whirl on my virtual digital turntable. Excellent. (After I knocked the virtual dust ball off’n the virtual needle…)

D

Pass 'em on.
Don’t bogart that mp3 my friend… :whistle:

Hi Poppa Willis and Guys:

I missed this thread completely…
I must be spending too much time building bass bins…
I have the link downloaded and will listen to the files out in the studio this morning.
I’ll write them to a CD …
I am quick listening to them as I write this reply…
Gean Lawson…
????

Is he the guy who designed-and-built
and Large diaphragm condenser mic back the the mid '90’s ?
It seems to me I was talking to a “Lawson” (not sure if his first name was Gene), over in San Fransisco at the AES Convention in the fall of '98, when Radar Wayne and I was there…
That Studio and Tracks sound great…
Did you say when that stuff was recorded ????
Or…
did I miss the date…
when it was done…

Bill…

Yep - it’s that Lawson of microphone fame - his mikes are the absolute best IMHO. He’s a great guy too. 1991 Bill.
I don’t know if his studio has a website or not.

Just found another jewel on Lawson’s site - a free copy of Doyle Dyke’s Celtic Cowboy. Recorded with Lawson’s L47.

Another Dyke’s tune. What an amazing guitar player. Don’t recall the name of this right off - too taken by the beauty to care.

Sound sample page.

Wish Doyle would at least learn to play . . . . :cool:

Both Gene and his wife manned the Lawson Booth…
I don’t know her name…
Sorry
What a great couple… She supports his endeavors like a ??
I have no adjectives…
:)

Anyway, I couldn’t leave the booth to to go on and be productive seeing everything I could see…
Whenever, I needed to take a breather, I’d just end up at Lawson’s booth and ogle the mic again-and-again…
It was the Gold-Plated
L474…
I know there were other mic models there(at his booth), but it was the only mic I saw…
:p
:laugh:

Gene was off doing business… It was her that manned the booth…
She got tired seeing me at her booth… I know she just wanted to be quiet and left alone…
I never had the heart to ask her how much they needed for me to take the mic, home… When you have to ask a question like that you can’t afford the mic…

It seemed like the '98 AES Convention was the year that anybody who was anybody had a new mic to show-off to the convention…

I even was heavy into the R-and-D of the CEO Mk-1 mic I’m working on…
I threatened RADAR Wayne that I’d take my creation over there and find a corner somewhere to display my CEO Mk-1 mic… He replied…
Don’t expect me to acknowledge who you are…
:laugh:
:p

As it turned out, I couldn’t leave the convention without taking a mic home…
SO…
I settled for an ADK Commemorative Edition Area 51 Tube Transducer Mic…
When I finally paid the invoice for the mic, with the loonie exchange, … in retrospect The mic I should have taken home was the Lawson Gold-Plated L47 mic…

Thank you for posting your project for for me to download.
I played the CD, this afternoon on my Boom-Box while I worked on the panel construction for the bins…

The lyrics on those songs are very meaningful for anyone including the families of anyone who served in the US Military, over the years…

The Beds…
are very solid…
BUT…

so are the overdubs…
and vocals…
The lyrics are very powerful…

What a great project you have… Poppa Willis…

Bill…

[EDIT] I’m gonna chase up these other links… I need more hours in the day… hehehe…

Oh yeah, Doyle is one BAD guitar player :) . For the second sample, on the opening, is that one
guitar/one track (not 2 guitars, or overdubbed)?
And finger picked (not flat picked)?
Love it.

Some of them Lawson Files are aif and aiff extensions…
What are you playing them with ????

Bill…

Hello woxnerw,
I used Winamp.