Welcome Home CD

Played them with the firefox quicktime plug in.

I always used a Lawson mic when I was in Tennessee. I had one at my studio in Berry Hill Tennessee that was just blocks from his Reflections studio. The previous owner was a good friend of Gene’s and spread the word on Lawson mics. Little known are his plate reverbs too - I had two of those mounted outside the studio. Great plates.

thanks for the kind comments too Bill - I was hoping you’d like my project.

Back Again:
I get a pop-up screen in windows Media player saying that the player cannot play the file… BUT… the help opens a page that says the extension (aif and aiff files) is supported… ??? I don’t know… what gives… Maybe, I’ll open the config, and see if I have the extension turned on… Well…

Bill…

which browser?

All I get is…
NO-GO…
:p
:)
:disagree:
???
and…
sigh
Internet Explorer
Micro Soft… I got a Stone Hammer out in the shed…
lol
A bit of persuasion… ????

If it wasn’t so hot and muggy in the house I’d be turned in…
The Air quit and the house is hot…
hehe…

Bill…

p.s.

Does anyone know whee to find the switch for the A/C ?

Ok, I see about Doyle, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doyle_Dykes
A fingerpicker and influenced by one of my all time favorites Chet Atkins (among others).
I never could multi finger pick, but I love to hear it.
Interstingly he was also Awarded a brick in the Wall of Fame at “The Cavern Club” in Liverpool.

So I don’t see any detail on the sample recordings, do you know if just a single
Lawson mic, and just a good sounding room (no added reverb or effect)?

Bill, I am running windows XP, and I can download the aiff files, then use windows file explorer
and open the files with either winamp or Quick Time Player and hear them. Windows media
player and real player do not work.
I 'm not that far away from you relatively speaking, and feeling the hot humid air
here in Vermont as well, and no AC. But it has been so cold/wet this summer, I am ok with
it for now.

Yes pincat that’s one guitar player playing one guitar through a Lawson in his home studio. Doyle’s THE MAN as far as I’m concerned - I have evrything he has put out - I think.

I’m only belly-aching here tonight…
But…
if I had air I’d have it fired up…
We normally get summer here on the 21st or 22nd of July…
However, it’s late this year…
I don’t know why…
:laugh:

I’m downloading some Merle Haggart here…
That’s Way Love Goes is in this file…
Now that I play it there’s a Wurlitzer Piano played on the track…
Boy…
It’s great…
The Roy Nickels playes his line…
Greater…
I don’t know who played on that stage back then…
BUT…
we covered that song …
on the stage I was on back then…
How old is Merle…
Today ????

Bill…

[EDIT]… She can get pretty nippy over in Vermont in February…

Greg Galbraith was the lead player on the “That’s the Way Love Goes” track Bill. I tell you this 'cause Greg never gets the credit he deserves for what is one of the all time great guitar solos in country music. I used Greg the day after his Haggard session with a demo session I had booked, and he spent half the session telling us all about it. Greg Galbraith.

Just tested the aif links in IE wondering why you couldn’t open them - you need to “manage add-ons” is their language. quicktime for IE Bill.

Hi Poppa Willis:

I never did see the credits for that Haggart Song…
I had only assumed that Roy did that track…

The longer I hear what’s happening on that song the greater the lyrics and tracks become…

That guitar solo is Sooo…
NiCe…
I don’t know who is doing the Keys… BUT it fits so nice, as well…
:)

Yea know…
this stuff wasn’t recorded yesterday…

Greg Galbraith.

Why don’t I know him ?
He’s got to be one of those silent “Session Men”…
loaded with

“Pis-and-Vinegar”

We’ve got these great studio guys around here…
They never get any credit for the knowledge and creativity they possess in-and-around the studios…
They’re in and around the studios (all day long) doing all the demo work… When it comes time to do the real track, they hire some guy to copp the lines…
No-Heart, in my opinion…
AND…
It shows up on the track-and-song…
Well… Sometimes…

I’ll look into that config and see if I can get music happening with those files with Windows Media Player… I know I could play all of that stuff with Windows Media Player when I had/used XP…

Bill…

I downloaded the Quicktime Player…
Those Lawson files open and play great…
I know I had that player on the old P-111’s and P-4 machines… Anyway, I need the Quicktime Player…
However, it might be nice to have the codec on the Windows Media Player and automatically open the player… OT… a player… More choices…

It’s still hot and humid here…
I continue to belly-ache…
:laugh:
I’m goin out to work on Bass Bins…

Bill…