Well, any music today?

Me, not so much. Little bit of noise. It is OK. Anyone?

Me.

Excellent. Elaborate?

Other page, dude >

Ah, yes, I see. :)

Not recording, and not “today” as such.

The guitar studio where I work had an end-of-year Showcase on Saturday. We had around 150 students performing 30 songs over 2 1/2 hours, with an audience of 600.

A major logistical task but it was excellent.

That sounds really cool, Mark. :agree:

Lots of music… no recording. Typical Sunday for me. I have to get the rig at church back in action. Catch a few good live recordings every once in a while. It’s been too long.

UJ

Hi MarkA:

Those Showcase Concerts require one pile of energy…
I can feel your energy input fatigue level from here…
A good sense of accomplishment and and well being that it’s done… :)
:agree:
:laugh:

Bill…

Me neither - all live gigs. 12 hours in the last three days… I’m fried.

Tom - you’re the only person I know that writes music on a semi-daily basis :slight_smile:

My classic rock band did not rehearse this weekend, which was a good thing, because there’s too much Christmas stuff to do.

I just bought an Irish bouzouki on eBay which I can’t wait to get so I can learn to play it.

On the creativity front, I just got my first camcorder which I am learning how to use, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 13 2010, 1:44 PM)

That sounds really cool, Mark.

Yes,it certainly was. The kids were great though. Did really well.

On stage we had we had 8 electric guitars, 2 bass, 8 acoustic electric, 2 drum kits and some mic'd up acoustics. Oh and up to 4 vocal mics. Many of the songs had up to 20 people on stage or we would never have got through them all. A few items were a bit smaller - mostly for the more advanced kids. And one or two "solo" items too.

We managed to do 30 songs in 2 hours and 8 minutes.
Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 14 2010, 12:54 AM)

Hi MarkA:

Those Showcase Concerts require one pile of energy..
I can feel your energy input fatigue level from here..
A good sense of accomplishment and and well being that it's done.. :)
:laugh:

Bill..

Yes, Bill, very tired but in a good way. It takes a LOT of planning and practice to get 150+ students learning songs, and then getting them on and off stage.

A few unexpected positives that happened are the local press messed up our advert for the even the week before so felt obliged to give us another free advert (ok, that makes sense) but also to come and cover the concert as a news item.... which probably would not have happened.

And also, the Head of music at a local school played drums (excellently) in a couple of songs and it now looks as if he and I might put together a pub band... which I'm really pleased about.

For our finale we had all the guitar teachers on stage playing I love Rock n Roll with all the guitar students in the audience with their guitars playing along. Great.

A bouzouki? that is so cool. :agree:

Quote: (Mark A @ Dec. 13 2010, 11:52 AM)

Yes,it certainly was.
The kids were great though.
Did really well.

On stage we had we had 8 electric guitars, 2 bass, 8 acoustic electric, 2 drum kits and some mic'd up acoustics.
Oh and up to 4 vocal mics.
Many of the songs had up to 20 people on stage or we would never have got through them all.
A few items were a bit smaller - mostly for the more advanced kids.
And one or two "solo" items too.

All I can say is: wow.

Yes,it certainly was.
Did really well.

On stage we had we had 8 electric guitars, 2 bass, 8 acoustic electric, 2 drum kits and some mic'd up acoustics.
Many of the songs had up to 20 people on stage or we would never have got through them all.

Recording??

What? No?

SLACKER! :laugh:

UJ

Yes,it certainly was.
Did really well.

Mark. This is reminding me of the Eisteddfod Prom that my son attended last year - 270 acoustic guits in one hall. A very interesting sound;-)
Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 14 2010, 7:15 AM)

Yes,it certainly was.
Did really well.

All I can say is: wow.

A couple of pics I took with me phone on setup day.

Man… that looks like great fun.

Congrats Mark!

UJ