Well, any music today?

????

Trying to finish another a few bits ‘n’ bobs. You?

i had an idea for a song as i was on anges thread about her babys name so ive written it & given it to ally for lyrics… no more serious lyrics acoustic guitars or keyboarsd for us i wanna rock this joint!

None for me…I’m doing the same as last year and getting a whole load of bands to record my FAWM songs for charity…busy busy!!

I do keep getting flashes of inspiration that get recorded on my voice recorder tho…

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Mar. 12 2011, 5:11 PM)

None for me....I'm doing the same as last year and getting a whole load of bands to record my FAWM songs for charity...busy busy!!

I do keep getting flashes of inspiration that get recorded on my voice recorder tho...

Cool. Which voice recorder do you have?
You an iPhone bloke? What d'you reckon to the n app?

Does yesterday count? :p

Does completing a '76 Silver-faced Fender Bassman Amp restoration count?
Anyway, we got it completed today…

It’s gonna sing a beautiful song when it gets put to work…

What a beautiful Amp it turned out to be…
I am working on updating the photo blog to include the photos of the completed amp…
We are now working on locating a matching Speaker cabinet for the amp…

Bill…

All of it counts!

But does picking where you left off 6 years ago count? :)

Quote: (phoo @ Mar. 14 2011, 6:57 AM)

But does picking where you left off 6 years ago count? :)

Well I picked up where I left off 7 months ago.

sure, why not? I’d like to pick up where I left off 20 years ago…

Quote: (TonyR @ Mar. 12 2011, 5:37 PM)

Cool. Which voice recorder do you have?
You an iPhone bloke? What d'you reckon to the n app?

No iphone for me Tony...

I use a cheaper voice recorder!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-VN-510-Dictaphone/dp/B003B3TPS6

Nice one Craig…I don’t have iphone either. Reminds me of the old joke…Do you use your dictaphone? No I just use…

Anyway, I digress! I haven’t written or recording for quite a while but a young lady came to my place last week to record some stuff she had written…below is one of them, not my type of music but would appreciate any feedback on recording, mix, performance or anything really, before I send it to her :)
Kristina - Games

[QUOTE]
Do you use your dictaphone? No I just use…[QUOTE]

Touch screen?

Well I can’t profess to understand that style of music Ian but it sounds generally well done to me.

Comments would be: Keyboard pads sound quite 80’s - presumably that’s what you were aiming for. Vocals are a bit pitchy in places. I’m sure you can hear it.

Nice production.

Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 17 2011, 2:54 AM)

Well I can't profess to understand that style of music Ian but it sounds generally well done to me.

Comments would be: Keyboard pads sound quite 80's - presumably that's what you were aiming for.
Vocals are a bit pitchy in places.
I'm sure you can hear it.

Nice production.

YOU don't understand it? I don't understand or like it and had to spend many hours recording, mixing and producing 3 songs in a similar vein :)

Unfortunately, she is a bit pitchy and inconsistent. Took 4 takes and had to cobble it from the best I had
Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 17 2011, 2:54 AM)

Do you use your dictaphone? No I just use............

Touch screen?

Nah....my finger :whistle:
Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 17 2011, 4:54 AM)

Vocals are a bit pitchy in places.
I'm sure you can hear it.

Nice production.

Hi Willy Eckerslike:

Those tracks are technically well captured and mixed..
I heard what MarkA is refering to..
There's a Synth/String track that I'd consider trying a bit of delay and adding a bit of reverb to make it a bit "wetter".. Maybe ????
The track sounds great, but gets lost at times by some other track..

The song is great sounding.. :agree:
:agree:

Bill..

edit.. OoHh Thanks for the link..

Hi Bill…yeah mark has a good ear (of course, he’s a great musician). I was literally in her hands for the sounds on this, she was very insistent on what she wanted and I didn’t want to spend too much time listening :laugh:

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Mar. 17 2011, 2:47 AM)

Nice one Craig....I don't have iphone either. Reminds me of the old joke....Do you use your dictaphone? No I just use............

Anyway, I digress! I haven't written or recording for quite a while but a young lady came to my place last week to record some stuff she had written......below is one of them, not my type of music but would appreciate any feedback on recording, mix, performance or anything really, before I send it to her :)
Kristina - Games

I like it, Willy. Any chance of getting her back in for some tweaks? How would she feel about gsnap - would she notice?