Well they're not all good 2

Bland cliched old disjointed tat?

Or a reasonable effort?

Must admit it’s been hard to write lately. This is soft, and I’m due a good rockout song soon.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7572498

Thanks Tommy for an awful lot of the instrumentation.

Craig

Well you and Tom S. piss me off! :laugh:

Great tune bud! The high note in the middle gave me chilly bumps! Harmonies :agree: :agree:

So what did Poppa do? Real or phony? :cool:

the second chord is all you. i know it’s craig when i hear that chord. also, when a song is in a major key but a phrase ends in a minor chord from some other key, dead ringer.

solid, cohesive writing. again. jerk. i haven’t written in months, when i do they’re all over the place, and you can pop these out in no time. sickens me. jerk.

Great job Craig - that’s just one of those songs that has to be written to get it out and make room for more. That’s my theory anyway. Keeping the flow fresh is important. I prefer hearing these kind of personal questioning songs myself. I probly did more damage than good for this one though. I should have taken more time with it. Great piece of writing and recording there Craig! Don’t listen to jdet he can be a bigger jerk than anyone and he knows it. Still, you are quite the jerk. :agree:

Jdet…you got me there!! I still don’t quite think I’ve achieved jerk status yet though :laugh: but thanks jerk!

Yaz…you decide! Tommy did picking, rhythm and drums on this.

Poppa…my thoughts exactly. Some you need to just put to bed to make way. Thanks for the work by the way. It was only after hearing the drums etc. that I decided not to go ‘tender’.

Heh… all you guys that have;

A) The musicianship
B) The voice
C) The producing skills
D) THE TIME

… are jerks! :laugh:

D - wants to be a jerk

Quote: (spreadercraig @ May 04 2009, 5:27 AM)

Must admit it's been hard to write lately.

ha ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ah ah :agree:

I have!!! I’m struggling here!!! My insecurities are real!!!

(I’ve missed you Stringer… :) )

All I know is you have a great voice.
This song is great.
Very simple, very effective.
When it opens up at 1:10 it is fabulous.

i’m too nice and conciliatory to be a jerk

Quote: (spreadercraig @ May 04 2009, 1:22 PM)

My insecurities are real!!!

(I've missed you Stringer...
:)
)

Thats a nice thing to hear bud, I appreciate that!

About insecurities, why have them?
There will always be someone; bigger, faster, prettier, smarter, more talented, more charismatic, more understanding, sexier etc.
More of everything.
And they face that them selves!!
If they are cool people, they do understand that.
So why worry about it?
We all have our strengths and weakness's.
And it's true, we will win and we will lose.
It's ok.
If we win we are joyous, if we loose we dust our selfs off and continue on ;)
And in a couple hrs or days we'll be joyous again!
Some guys are tall and are good for getting things from the top shelf,
some are short and cover the lower section.
That's the way I look at things.
I echo this sentiment;
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?
Why worry about it?

Classic Spreader chord progressions and harmonies. Unmistakable Craig! Voice and harmonies are soooooo smooth!
Embarassingly good :)

Great little song. It does exactly what it says on the tin. I love the concept and harmonies but it is missing a little of that Spreadie magic for me…it doesn’t quite get to the whole next level where you normally leave me in absolute awe, but still, you have set yourself a very high bar to beat.

Ange x

Thanks all!

Ange I know exactly where you’re coming from.
Gimme ONE WEEK to get that magic back. I promise… :)

As Poppa says, I needed to clear the way. Plus it’s the first one I’ve written for ME in a while. I just needed to get something down.
Also thanks for the gee up Levi.
:agree:

Quote: (spreadercraig @ May 05 2009, 5:01 PM)

Thanks all!

Ange I know exactly where you're coming from.
Gimme ONE WEEK to get that magic back. I promise... :)

As Poppa says, I needed to clear the way. Plus it's the first one I've written for ME in a while. I just needed to get something down.
Also thanks for the gee up Levi.
:agree:

Your welcome Craig. Gee? As apposed to Pee? ??? um your welcome. :laugh:

Great writing and singing as usual, Craig. :agree:

I don’t know why you are down at all on this song, Craig. What exactly don’t you like about it? The songwriting shows a really deep understanding of song structures, and is really well sung.

Thanks Kevin!

Tom, I do like it! (and thanks for the kind words).

However I think there’s something missing…it may be in the melody, it may be in the arrangement, but when I’m writing and I ‘get it’, I usually get an involuntary nervous giggle and a flush of excitement. I just didn’t with this.

But I do like it. :)

Spreadie, there really is nothing for you to worry about, it is a great song, I think that the main thing I was picking up on was that you were not massively enthusiastic…when you introduce a song with “Bland cliched old disjointed tat?” It kinda puts a downer on it before you even hear it. Could it just be that you are missing a little of that Spreadie enthusiasm and devotion?

You could not write a song that was " Bland cliched old disjointed tat" if you tried, hell, you could fart out a tune and it’d still smell of roses and sound beautiful!

Ange x