Well, they're not all good

Ping, I would like to recommend the following song to you - “Ride with me on my ponycorn” :

http://www.soundclick.com/bands…7334996

TomS, “Ride with me on my ponycorn” is a good one.
Excellent vocal.
It says you helped on guitar but it sounds like synths. What were you playing thru?
Couple segments are vaguely like the old Moog Modular synthesizer system sounds (remember Switched-On Bach?).
What I like about Pride is the aliveness (or jangle I guess) on the guitars and vox.
Is probably helped from your micing method.
I myself and a lot of others have switched to the amp simulations with mic simulations.
We don’t have to fiddle for hours with mic placements, but then we lose out on some of the cool tones that have marked many a great recording.

Amp sims are great.
Just another tool.
But I love my amp.
:love:

Ponycorn was done by me and my then 9 year old daughter with a Nintendo DS hadnheld game system, and a program licensed by Korg, the “Korg DS-10” (modeled on teh MS-10) - plus the acoustic guitars in the breaks, and a harmonica.
The Ds-10 is a scream.
You get two monophonic synths, plus 4 drum sounds, although each drum sound is generated by an even more cut down synth, so in theory you can get 6 voices.
Plus it has a crude delay, chorus and flange.
It’s mostly step programming, although it comes with Kaos pads (sort of) for each of the main monophonic synth modules, and can record off of a virtual keyboard too.
It really requires more music knowledge than your usual 10 year old, but in some ways it is the ultimate game.

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KORG_DS-10

Quote:

Imagine heaven's recording studio... Oh, wait, I have n-Track...

:whistle:

:laugh:

D

PS Couldn't resist... I'm a bad, bad boy...

i love amp sims, since my pignose records so thin.
even if i do use it, i have to layer it with amp sim guitars anyway.

heaven’s recording studio should have a ping pong and a foosball table in the commons, as well as unlimited dr. pepper (you know all the down time recording with a band).

And pork ribs… tasty tasty pork ribs :agree:

I called my first reel to real studio “Rockin Roll Heaven”. But it had nothing to do with religion :wink:

Well I was gonna say nice song Tom, I was gonna say I hear a lot of influences from Tom P. and The Heartbreakers to R.E.M. , I was gonna say I liked the sound of the jangly guitars and the vocals were awsum. I was gonna say you’re song writing gets better with every tune. I was gonna say your production skills have come 2 gazillion miles ahead of what you were posting 2 years ago. I was gonna say this is one of the best tunes you’ve done so far.

But since you don’t take compliments very well . . . . .

THIS ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!

There, that make ya feel better? :laugh:

Yes, Yaz, that makes me feel MUCH better now. :agree:

Yea Yaz only you could be honest and lie at the same time. :agree:

Yaz should run for office… Err… no, maybe not. Sorry Yaz, you have to be socially and morally corrupt and be able to keep a straight face while “honestly lying”. I don’t think you can pull it off. Too nice a feller…

D