well

What music did y’all do this weekend? I tried, I honestly tried, and it was all garbage. Gotta get rid of the garbage before FAWM gets here…

Hang in there, dude.
That’s why I’m dickin’ around with a few covers - sick of the creative responsibility - for now.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 17 2011, 1:07 PM)

What music did y'all do this weekend?
I tried, I honestly tried, and it was all garbage.
Gotta get rid of the garbage before FAWM gets here...

Well I tried to do some more mixes on that young girl's song I'm working on until I decided that the guitar really needs to be redone.

So nothing really.

Worked on a song called ‘Master of Greed’ with a friend of mine, but had asthma for 10 days now and can’t record the vox :(

I didn’t want to…
I shoveled the driveway…
More Snow…

I discovered a new percussive sound…
“Shovel-on-Asphalt”…
end result…
Bad-Back…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 17 2011, 3:14 AM)

I discovered a new percussive sound..
"Shovel-on-Asphalt"..
end result..
Bad-Back..

Ill have to check our drum machine for that one... blast its only got Shovel on Husbands Head!!

mixing a new song had to wait as i sat at my sewing machine making outfits & then cleared out our shed so we had somewere to franticaly spray paint all the props for our new video were finaly starting next weekend
weve decided we cant compete much longer
with all the glamrously slim & wrinkle free young things that are in most videos so were trying to make a video that doesnt have us in much

I started writing 3 things this last weekend. Sat down and played them through in my head like a chess match and decided they were not keepers, although one is still in my head this morning. May write it today. Mostly I’ve been just enjoying the test drive of my new DAW. Quadcore technology is just amazing - Windows 7 Ultimate is rock solid, all my software and drivers have the latest 64 bit drivers even. THAT may be the most amazing event of my weekend… finding all 64 bit drivers.

As for projects - I can now get back into the huge CD I’m doing for a local gal. Been close to 2 years in the works. The best way I can describe this project is like building a beautiful sailboat in your basement and just when you’re almost finished you realize you have no way to get it out!? One of those. Now I have a door big enough.

Most fun from the weekend was getting this file from a friend - let the end fade and chuckle along with me. :laugh:

Honey-do’s all day Saturday… Inferns err… Interns did music at church Sunday so I didn’t have to drag my stuff out… Sounds like a relaxing Sunday morning… just go in a little early and help my bud with the sound system. Easy-peasy… NO! Hadn’t drove the Mustang in a long while so I thought; “Hey… the horsie needs a wake-up and stretch…” Threw a shoe on the way. UGH! I hate flat tires… Spare flat too?? … yeesh…

After dealing with that crap… I wasn’t feeling very creative… destructive was more like it.

Didn’t touch a guitar or keyboard all weekend.

UJ

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 17 2011, 7:57 AM)

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 17 2011, 3:14 AM)

I discovered a new percussive sound..
"Shovel-on-Asphalt"..
end result..
Bad-Back..

Ill have to check our drum machine for that one... blast its only got Shovel on Husbands Head!!

Today, over in these parts It's known as "Blue Monday"..
It's half-way between the Winter Season..
or there-abouts..
One Day Closer to Summer..
:agree:
:)

You see, over the weekend we had this wet snow weather..
Too wet for the snow blower to work..
SO..
Shovel Snow..
it was..

I downloaded this Free Application..
I think I'm gonna install this.. "Sample Editor Application"

However, If I had it and installed over the weekend, I would have used it to Loop the "Shovel-on-Asphalt" Sample(s)..
BUT..
You may have hit on a better sample..

"Shovel on Husbands Head!!" :)
:whistle:

Bill..

[edit] A new computer re-kindles the creativity.. Waiting to hear some new stuff from your setup..
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 17 2011, 8:08 AM)

I started writing 3 things this last weekend. Sat down and played them through in my head like a chess match and decided they were not keepers, although one is still in my head this morning. May write it today. Mostly I've been just enjoying the test drive of my new DAW. Quadcore technology is just amazing - Windows 7 Ultimate is rock solid, all my software and drivers have the latest 64 bit drivers even. THAT may be the most amazing event of my weekend... finding all 64 bit drivers.

As for projects - I can now get back into the huge CD I'm doing for a local gal. Been close to 2 years in the works. The best way I can describe this project is like building a beautiful sailboat in your basement and just when you're almost finished you realize you have no way to get it out!? One of those. Now I have a door big enough.

Most fun from the weekend was getting this file from a friend - let the end fade and chuckle along with me. :laugh:

Drummer really waited for that one :)
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 18 2011, 3:08 AM)

although one is still in my head this morning.

Usually a good sign :agree:

Went back to that natural selection song I was working on. Hard-panned those guitars to open it up more, other very small changes. So nothing too productive.