What'cha all working on this weekend?

Me: nada

:(

Nothing is a good thing once in a while. I think I will just practice rudiments. I really need to get some additional drum tracks finished too… but eh, too lazy.

Just finished 4 different video projects. I think I will try to get some time in on the twelve string today.

I’m working on re-doing some earlier recorded songs that I transfered from my old Tascam Portastudio 488 to digital. It was really tricky because I had to transfer only 2 tracks at a time (didn’t have my 8 track Layla3G at the time), so all the tracks didn’t quite sync up.

I’m planning on releasing a “Best Of” CD later this year, which will probably be my last CD.

I’ve also been reviewing the promotional video that we’re putting together for Broken Arrow. I hired a couple of senior media/film majors from the local high school to do the video work. It’s been fun because I recorded all the audio, so I’ll just email them clips as they work on the video. That replaces the audio from their camera. If you looked at the video that I made, it was their film & my audio.

I’m knackered after helping a friend moving. The old apt. was on the 4’th floor…
Burger, movie & beer for me, please. After that I just might touch the acoustic and strum a few chords :)

I’m working on a song (well, the recording of it) since the song itself was completed in my head a month or two ago.

I have a sample video of the begining of the song on my recently posted website if anyones interested in a sneak peak.

Should be done with my tracks by tommorow (truth is I don’t spend much time on things…as it shows!..lol)
I often just record the first take ( I mean the first time I even play the song) than re-dub a second vocal over it, and done)
Months later, I have to teach myself my own song!..note to self, get a notation program.
Then it sits until a drummer with better equipment and talent (no doupt) takes it from there.
If it’s a good song… it usually gets finished within a week.
If no drummers bite, than I either scrap it, or start over in the (MIND) phase to re-write and edit it until it has a suitable format.

Peace for you all,

jerm

:cool:

Eyup!

No music for me at the moment, I’m gathering some parts together for an electronic project.
Soldering iron is hot

Steve

Quote (Beefy Steve @ April 01 2006,18:23)
Eyup!

No music for me at the moment, I'm gathering some parts together for an electronic project.
Soldering iron is hot

Steve

I am pretty good at soldering, but I hate soldering irons. I set them down, install the next part in the circuit, then I pick up the iron from the business end. :angry:

I have done this way too many times in my life. Gotta keep a big bottle of aloe nearby whenever I use a soldering iron. :(

Final mixes of my buddy’s band oRSo. Got 2 done today, and the third is all recalled ready to work. I’m waiting on food that is coming my way, and taking an ear break just now. Maybe we’ll get 2 more done tonight. There are 80% complete mixes of everything already stored on the computer and the board automation. Just gotta pull each song up, recall the board and outboard settings, and roll tape…

Fun day…busy, but fun…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I am pretty good at soldering, but I hate soldering irons. I set them down, install the next part in the circuit, then I pick up the iron from the business end. :angry:

Yeah, I do that all the time too, like a pencil.

So far this weekend I have -
- Played a gig at a trivia night,
- Recorded said gig - apparently didn’t press record hard enough for our best set, a problem I’ve had with ntrack in the past. Could just be me.
- Recorded a chant to be used at the 2006 Kyokushin World Cup, using said triva night audience.
- Taken a karate grading today.
- Will be going to a mates house to finish an assignment for presentation tomorrow, after I cook something to eat now.

Willy.

I’ve been at work yesterday from 11:00 till 19:00 :(

Some idiot on our helpdesk deleted one of our clients’ public folders.

So there I was building VM’s on a ESX box, connecting it to a HP6000 tape library, building a domain, restoring Exchange over a 64k line …

We did get to install two new cymbals on our church drum kit afterwards tho’ ! (Zildjian Avedis 8 and 12 " splashes)

I’m working on “Hone’ing” my Hammering Skills… I think I’m gonna be working on these DAWs… again…

:O ???

The only thing is… I think I’m running out of Shoulder…

im going to go downtown,
gonna see my gal,
gonna sing her a ntrack song,
gonna show her my…???
anyone gotta final line?

Careful…

Chip-in-Dale’s here I come… :laugh:

The JUNO Awards are here on the coast this week… All the BIG Guys are in town this week…

Lets get this one… In-the-Can… and sse if we can “Pitch” IT…

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ April 02 2006,05:05)
So there I was building VM's on a ESX box, connecting it to a HP6000 tape library, building a domain, restoring Exchange over a 64k line ...

Barf.... And folks wonder why network admins can be Nazis at times.

I finished the first song in what will be a series of songs which will make up a new “Best of” CD that I hope release later this year. To listen, click Love Came Round and scroll down - you’ll see it. Let me if you have any problems playing it.

Love Came Round is from my Brand New Start CD released in 1999. However, this version is a complete re-make & re-mix of the original song (I transfered the original 8-track cassette recording to the digital realm). In an attempt to “purify” and simplify the music, I’ve nixed the drums and other instruments in favor of my harmonica, vocal harmonies, and piano parts. I think the song now has a much more intimate feel to it, and is much more like I perform it live.

A little history - I wrote this song after a close friend had gone through a divorce and had spent some time alone, but was having a reawakening of love in his life.

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ April 02 2006,05:05)
Some idiot on our helpdesk deleted one of our clients’ public folders.

Hey Wiham!

Are we not being compassionate for those who posses less intellect? Shame on you! :p

I suggest you go to him and offer an appoligy for your name calling. :D

By grace you will be forgiven,

We all make mistakes, all have fallen short.

Peace be in your work place! you know, the one that surpasses understanding.

jerm :cool:

Hey, Jerm, I had that feeling the 1st time when the helpdesk deleted (at the same client, mind you, 3 months ago) a public folder.

Shift Delete in some networklocation that’s not your own is anyway a bad idea. Shift deleting while not making sure what you are deleting is just plain stupid.

No, I’m not calling him names, I’m just identifying him :p
I don’t have it against not knowing - I’ll spend hours on the phone being patient with people that honestly don’t know, and that’s fine. These people do know …

Chip, it is scary over here.
We look at 4 clients - the largest one has about 250 servers countrywide. The helpdesk have Enterprise Admin on AD AND Exchange.
I’ve stopped counting how many time something in sites and services, DNS or even DHCP have been messed up with no-one remembering anyting about it. When a DC’s replication goes belly up and you trouble shoot the thing for hours, you find that the root domain’s DNS server has a tick (that’s now unticked) denying sub-domains from sucking info from it. And still no one knows how that could have happened.
And it is always backoffice (my department) that has to fix the problems, and that gets the flak for it. My answer is always the same: You give only us rights to these (sensitive) area of the network and we’ll take full responsibillty, or you don’t come and throw your toys in our department if things don’t go as expected…

And BTW the same helpdesk idiot that was phoning me every 30 minutes Friday to find out if I’ve sorted it out already haven’t even sent me an e-mail this morning to say thankyou for saving his ass …
shrug
After 12 years being in network support I suppose you must get used to it, but sometimes it just gets to me.
Lucky I’m going on holiday in two weeks’ time…

/end rant

Wihan

I hear you Wihan. You’re not alone! Holiday on its way!

As for the w/e, I led about 3.5 hours of worship (and that doesn’t include the sound checks and run throughs!).

Four sessions (3 on saturday at a conference and our usual sunday evening service) - my fingers are a little sore but I feel great!

And I’m on holiday after this week too!!! Woohoo!

Mark