What'd'j'all work on this weekend?

not much here

Haven’t had much time for songwriting or music this week - what’re y’all up to? What’re ya working on?

No writing or recording here either.

I’ve been asked to provide the music for a 60th birthday party in December which I’m going to do with my two teenage sons (drums & bass). Been spending time this w/e getting songs together as it’s very much a 50’s & 60’s theme for the party.

It’s fun and hard work as I have to remember that despite my sons’ instrumental competence that:

1. Songs that are soooo familiar to me (beatles, chuck berry, etc), they have never heard and need to learn from the beginning.

2. The various “rock & roll cliche library” means nothing to kids who have grown up in the 90’s. So despite being an obvious way (to me!) to start, end, or otherwise punctuate a song, they don’t get it.

3. It’s a mighty privilege to be able to do this for my friend with my two sons.

I guess if we did Green Day songs or something then the tables would be turned.

Great fun but recording will have to wait until later. :slight_smile:

as you may have noticed,it’s starting to get a wee bit chilly here in the north woods,so i been collectin all the wood that i cut an split in spring and bringin it on to a pile near the crib.all last week my oldest guy and myself have been workin on a job that involves tearing down an old house and burning whatever we deem not usable. found a dozen old time wisconsin license plates that were built into the crib in various places,some used to cover a knot hole in the wood that was used,well thank you very much i say,we been able to sell a few already,the dates span from 1924 to 1937,then there was a table in the house that has a metal tag on it that says"department of defense,u.s. government,how do ya sell that?what do ya list it under? is it worth anything,must be ,im hoping.last night for the first time in many months i broke out the mic’s and acoustics and recorded a bit,i had to relearn alot of things,its been so long… im mad at myself for not keepin up with it, i hope to be able to make more time for it in the near future :agree: ???

Hi Mark A;

How’s it going with you, way over there?
I see you got your work cut out for you…

Somehow-or-other your kids should have some of that music born into them…
AND
it should be easier for them to come up-to-speed with that music as opposed to you coming up-to-speed with the music they’re growing up, with…

I remember, way-back-when…
you worked with this Hot-Licks Guitar player…
I forget his name…
Whatever happen to him?
Is is still around, somewhere?
I can’t remember his nic-name/handle…
but if you said it…
I’d know that it is he…

Did he ever have a great touch toward his playing…

Bill…

Nothing music related, My muse blew a fuse. Bummer

Installing new baseboards throughout the house. Just finished putting in new floors. When I finish this project, I have to re-do the stairs, remodel a bathroom and fix a bunch of drywall.

I should be finished in about twenty years…

D

No recording for me this weekend either. My new project is all solo piano, so I’m in the woodshed these days.

Quote:

Installing new baseboards throughout the house.

How do you guys record your baseboards? I’ve tried PZMs, but everything always sounds too thwocky to me through PZMs.

KB

Hmm. I just wrote a short song, with the lyrics

My muse blew a fuse
Bummer
Baseboard’s too thwoky
Through my PZMs
Bummer

Quote: (Diogenes @ Nov. 19 2007, 10:00 AM)

Installing new baseboards throughout the house. Just finished putting in new floors. When I finish this project, I have to re-do the stairs, remodel a bathroom and fix a bunch of drywall.

I should be finished in about twenty years...

D

Installing baseboards, no problemo.
Remodel bathroom, no problemo.
Fix a bunch of drywall, use duct tape.....priceless!

Finished in 20 years, hmmm, been in my house for 20 years and still haven't finished projects!
Good luck on that one D!
Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 19 2007, 3:54 PM)

My muse blew a fuse
Bummer
Baseboard's too thwoky
Through my PZMs
Bummer

Dogg, that is Tight.

KB

Getting ready for winter!!!