What do you think of this?

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 15 2011, 10:21 AM)

This great..
She'll be back..
she'll be better..

Positive reinforcement..
Don't be tellin her what she should have done..
She'll figure that out all by herself..

:agree:
:agree:

Bill..

I think that's spot-on Bill.

I think she's also realised that I do know what I'm talking about.... and we need to get to know each other a bit too. Then we can move on. She's going to be a great ambassador for us too (which is why we've sponsored her). Her Facebook is already full of comments of her excitement of her days in the studio (er, my room). So this is really cool.
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 15 2011, 8:43 AM)

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 14 2011, 1:05 PM)

Just thinking out loud, I hear so many kids nowadays sing with really affected voices - if you know what I mean.
I'm trying to encourage a little more of the natural voice to come out rather than the copycat voice of what she's heard elsewhere.

Please... no... PLEASE!!! Encourage a natural voice. :)

I remember the first time I heard Taylor Swift live. I asked my wife; "Who the crap is THAT?" Oh that's Taylor Swift! She's the hottest thing going right now. "Well she can't sing for ****..."

They took away the "studio magic" and she was terrible. (IMO)

Learn to sing properly. The rest is cake after that.

UJ

Yep. Absolutely.

Fortunately this young lady has also had quite a bit of stage experience (well may 10 or so one-song performances) so that does actually help. We're hoping to use her as one of our House singers for the monthly concerts we do - which will be great for her as it will be a whole load of different songs in different styles etc.