what music at your funeral?

was thinking about this today what would you want played at your funeral to sort of some up your life & leave as a final impression on evryone there
theres only one song i could have at my funeral thats i wanna be sedated by the ramones followed by im not like evrybody else bythe kinks

I’ve almost finished my own “Farewell Song” and plan to do a video while I can for my kids. Lots of laughing and picking my nose in it. Mustard in my mustache: life stuff… don’t want them to forget my motto of practicing “random acts of goofiness” and I ain’t afraid of what’s next.

Saint-Saëns Symphony No. 3

:)

No singin when I go…
Someone grab the Jug of Rocket Fuel and pass it around…
Then ask…
How come he lasted as long as he did ????

Bill…
:p
:laugh:

OoHh…
Charlie Louvin <<<

spelling…

Went Yesterday…
Anyone know who he is ????
I think he was 83…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 28 2011, 8:44 AM)

Charlie Louvin <<<

spelling......

Went Yesterday..
I think he was 83....

Indeed I do know Charlie Louvin. Met him and Ira many times. They're from my part of the world. About ten or fifteen miles up the highway.

I did not know he had passed until I read this. Bummer...

UJ

PS http://www.cmt.com/news....s.jhtml

My funeral song?

Heck… I don’t care. Whatever makes the left-overs happy. It’s not like there’s room to dance in that box ya’ know…

The music I’ll be hearing hasn’t been played here before. :agree:

UJ

This is a BiG LOSS to the Country Music Crowd/People…
These guys had a hand in shaping how entertainment is/was done, on the Live Stage… They used to OPEN for Elvis Presley in his early days…

I think it was some kind of pancreatic illness that took him…
I wish I could spell…
My spelling checker is not working today…
????

Bill…

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 28 2011, 7:45 AM)

You would pick an "organ" symphony.

I say an hour of Phil Collins.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 28 2011, 9:22 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 28 2011, 7:45 AM)

You would pick an "organ" symphony.

I say an hour of Phil Collins.

Man, you must hate your relatives. :)
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 28 2011, 8:52 AM)

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 28 2011, 8:44 AM)

Charlie Louvin <<<

spelling......

Went Yesterday..
I think he was 83....

Indeed I do know Charlie Louvin. Met him and Ira many times. They're from my part of the world. About ten or fifteen miles up the highway.

I did not know he had passed until I read this. Bummer...

UJ

PS http://www.cmt.com/news....s.jhtml

Heh... just realized... Ira died when I was TWO. Now I can't remember who that was that performed with Charlie at all those BG Festivals... ??

UJ
Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 28 2011, 9:45 AM)

Man, you must hate your relatives.

And love Phil. :D

i was reading a newspaper the other day in my sons rabbit hutch &
there was a story on phil collins
he reckons he died hundreds of years ago at some american battle & was reincarnated as phil collins so he spends all his time poking around the battlefield now for memories of his old self i think it was texas
he sounds well weird now & he cant drum anymore for some reason
anybody else read that?

i like poppas idea of writing your own song
i just cant believe tom wouldnt have somthing with jangly guitars… i even thouht tom jangled as he walked

AC/DC…Highway To Hell

Aint no stop signs
No speed limit
Nobody’s gonna slow me down

No mass, no service, no viewin the body, no tears, and no regrets…just my ashes in a coffee can, and my friends havin one hell of a bash!

So it is written.
So it shall be done.

Phil dislocated some vertebrae in his neck. He can’t drum because he simply can’t lift his arms. He has also lost hearing in one of his ears from a bad infection he got a few years ago. The poor dude is 60 and is simply worn out from years of playing me thinks. Though there is rumor of him getting better after surgery and discussing a last Genesis tour with the old line up (minus Peter likely). See how fast I buy those tickets.

He has been a history buff with a special interest in the Alamo for a long time. I have read where some psychic claimed he was a reincarnated soldier from the Alamo, but nothing from his own mouth. Sounds like someone trying to get famous on his coat tails to me.

“Don’t worry, be happy” would be fitting :laugh:
If anybody shows up, that is…

I just hope my wife brings a date.

UJ

Quote:

i just cant believe tom wouldnt have somthing with jangly guitars.. i even thouht tom jangled as he walked

I am entirely a creature of my time. That would be about 40 years ago, I think. :laugh:

Wrote and recorded some bad noises today, warming up for FAWM 2011. (Tina, you are going to participate, right?) All of the noises were jangly. I even have jangly drums. (Mostly I was messing with the little POD and my Ric. It was fun.)

Tina, right in the middle of the 2nd movement of the symphony there is this amazing organ part in 5, I've heard it done properly once live, with really huge pipes for these really really really low notes that just shake your gut. It is amazing to hear live.

My old drummer mate was cremated to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2e7dpVDX54
in a silver space ship coffin. Nut bucket.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 28 2011, 2:05 PM)

huge pipes.. really low notes.. that shake your gut

i think its your diet tom!