What OS does Ntrack 4.x work best in?

I’m using win me and now have a setup with win 2k. Under win me there aare still a number of graphics issues with v4. In win 2k it doesn’t seem much better. Is XP the best for running Ntrack?

no cents

Not sure about version 4 as I’ve been using the same PC and OS since v4 was released…
But under v3 I was running 98 on my old P3 500.
I upgraded to XP and everything worked a lot better for me.

Not so much on the graphics side but more on the audio.

I had tried clean installs of 98 and was still getting some lag issues. XP let me use WDM drivers and also the ASIO drivers for my soundcard worked better as well.

Under 98 (and probably ME for yourself) I was restricted to the MME drivers. ASIO was a bit flakey under 98 for me.

A lot of people use 98 no problems though… it will depend on your hardware and how much grunt your system has

Rich

I was going to say Windows :laugh: after reading the title.

Apparently the graphics for v4 stinks for everybody. I thought it might be that way because I just set up 2K and V4 behaved exactly the same as it did under ME.

This is very irritating and one of the reasons I’m looking into Sonar or Cubase. They may be expensive but they don’t have this annoying probem.

no cents

I’m using XP on anold PIII 650 and it looks great

Cheers???

Cheers?

How does it look good for you? Do all the graphics behave properly and redraw smoothly without ghosts?

See the original post in this thread. I think that guy is using XP

nc

I use XP and don’t have any graphics issues either - though this may be down to graphics card/drivers rather than OS version. I use an ASUS V9520 card with the latest drivers.

Hi

I used me with V4 and had troubles. I put it down to hardware and software. I upgraded hardware and went to XP. I’m using a cheap 2nd graphics card off ebay for $12 (32MB). Things are much better now. No ghosting like you refer to (which I had a bit of using ME).

All the best

Jemmie

I don’t have any problems with graphics in v4 using XP.
In the earlier builds there were some problems with the eq window being a resource hog I think but that was fixed pretty quickly.

I don’t get any redraw problems though. Timeline scrolls fine during playback etc.

Rich

I’ve been using an ATI Radeon 9000 dual output card under ME. It sounds like Ntrack is working better under XP than the other versions. Maybe the graphics system of XP is better than the that of the “classic” versions.

no cents

I’ve been using an ATI Radeon 9000 dual output card under ME. It sounds like Ntrack is working better under XP than the other versions. Maybe the graphics system of XP is better than the that of the “classic” versions.

no cents

I switched from Windows ME to XP and all of my latency issues went away with my M-audio Delta 410 card. I have not had any serious problems other than for some reason once in a while when I come out of sleep mode and pull up a song file it has a glitch in the playback, but a quick boot always seems to fix this. I know most people will recommend turning off any features like sleep, but this is a multi-use machine, and my kids use it for internet access as well, at least until I get another machine.

Dave

XP Home. No problems with v4 graphics and Matrox 650…

XP Home here as well. ATI Radeon 9200SE video. No problems. You might want to check out THIS place for tweaks to XP to improve your setup for audio work.

TG

PS I have been on XP for almost a year now. Had 98SE before and I DON’T MISS IT AT ALL!!