What to get as far as soft synths

Any suggestions

Alrighty!! I’m looking for a good soft synth,but I noticed with some soft synths that have legal issues attached them. Like Spectrtronic(spelling). I would like to hear anyones recommendation on soft synths and what type of controllers I need to use them. Or can I just write everything out in midi by hand. Another thing too is how much stress they put on the CPU. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…Thanks :D

Hmmm … I quite like VAZ, Reason, RgcAudio-Pentagon.
Reason e.g. is a whole rack on itself where you can indeed draw notes.
You can do that in VAZ too, but it’s so a pain … The synth is good though.

The RGC stuff sounds really good, to my ears. They also come with micro hosts for stand alone play. Check out the free Triangle I (which I like better than the Triangle II, for some reason) to get an idea of the sound. .

Go here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/index.php

"and another addict is created"

VAZ looks cool!! Thanks!! Thanks guys!!!:D

Check out:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net

GPL Licence works great.

.-=gp=-.

Thanks chutz thats and awesome synth too!!!:D

I love Reason as well. 3.0 just came out too…looks cool, although I don’t really need the mastering tools. Thats why I have Ntrack :)

With reason is it used mainly used for techno? I’m mainly looking for something that I can create ambient type meditation music. I was also looking at Cakewalks P5 stuff. Any I do have extreme taste in From NIN to Folk,Space music,etc,etc… :D

Quote (archon @ Mar. 16 2005,14:32)
With reason is it used mainly used for techno? I'm mainly looking for something that I can create ambient type meditation music. I was also looking at Cakewalks P5 stuff. Any I do have extreme taste in From NIN to Folk,Space music,etc,etc... :D

You can do anything you want within reason with Reason.

Sorry, Couldn't resist. But it's true, most Reason users do dance and the like, but a lot of folks use these soft studios for all sorts of things incl. ambient. Try the demo. If you've never used this sort of thing you'll be blown away... :D