What will version 5 cost?

Flavio, please read…

I have a few questions about the upcoming version 5.

First, what will it cost?

I have bought into version 2 and version 3 and version 4. Will I have to pay for version 5 if I already am a registered owner of version 4? And if I do have to pay, will there be a discount to previous N-Track registered owners?

Second, what are the new features that make a version 5 possible?

Will it be more stable? Does it use less CPU power? Does it work differently or look different? Will it include more FX? DOes it include notation?

Lastly, where do you (Flavio) see N-Track going in the future?

Is version 5 going to be the final version (at least for a few years)? Are you hoping to make N-Track into a multi-media (video included), multi-track editor?

I hope you can answer these question Flavio. There are many here that would like to know the scoop…

thanks in advance…

Mike

I got and email from Flavio saying the upgrade from v4 is $29 and will be released in September.

I haven’t seen any feature list though so not sure what you get for that $29…

I have not been all that happy with v4 and have been seriously considering buying Tracktion as I’ve been using that a lot more lately. Although I’m not sure with that whether I should wait til v3 comes out or at least is close enough to coming out that they offer a free upgrade to people that purchase v2 now…

If v5 is no more stable then v4 and doesn’t improve on CPU usage then I doubt I’ll be upgrading…

Agreed. I had the least amount of problems with 3.3, so I bought into 4… and it’s all been downhill from there.

there’s always been a discount for upgrading that cost around $25 since I’ve been using N-track.

yeah 3.3 was the most stable, but v4 had some VERY useful features I’ve utilized.

I haven’t done much stuff for a while now though but I’ll probably upgrade anyways.

Quote (DrGuitar @ July 25 2006,18:50)
Lastly, where do you (Flavio) see N-Track going in the future?

Is version 5 going to be the final version (at least for a few years)? Are you hoping to make N-Track into a multi-media (video included), multi-track editor?

Great questions here. There has been this sort of transient vibe about n-Track: It's gone from very basic to reaching for a high level of sophistication, and I'm not sure it's been altogether successful to date. I'm also interested to see it mature- to "arrive", as it were.

"Is it going to be a Beautiful Butterfly?!" :D