What You Need To Believe To Be A Republican

<!–QuoteBegin>

Posts like this from “anonymous” posters are amazing. I don’t believe that the poster realizes that he/she insulted him/herself. It doesn’t matter that what they said or wrote has no basis in fact; what matters is that their response was meant to be a bigoted insult. Really quite sad.

Anonymous? So, is DrGuitar your given name or your family name? :D

Look up “humor” in the dictionary, and while you’re there, check out “irony” too. :p

No, I am neither bigoted nor homophobic. I am however deeply idiotphobic, and I believe that audiobru’s recent responses to Phoo, Jeremysdemo, and others; makes him a legitimate target for idiot-baiting. :cool:

Dear Colter,

I guess I should allow you to be curt and nasty in your own way, but I really fail to see the humor in your aggressive, bigoted remark to audiobru. If you do not agree with his remarks, there is a civil way to express it without resorting to name calling.

Also, the nickname “DrGuitar” is one I was saddled with many years ago when I was a columnist with Guitar Shop Magazine during the 1990s and when I was a columnist for for ETC Magazine before that (during the 1980s). You see, most of my articles were about guiter repair and adjustment. So you see, although “Dr Guitar” is not my real name, you could say I earned the nickname.

Do you look like Ann Coulter or do you just want people to think you are similar in your views?

:)

here we go-prime ntrack stuff! love you guys(not that it matters,but i’m not a fag-i defend fags against shit like you-anytime anywhere-you can call me an idiot,i don’t care-you can call me a fag,i love it!now i think everyone has shown their true colors,here…dispicable.is that how people think and talk where you are?hate talk is hate talk,like i said you don’t scare me,you billious pussy.i stand by what i said,you don’t have to like it.i’ll be reposting your message all over the internet.let the world see the first right wing neo-nazi music board in action -shame on you ntrack forum…
my heart is saddened

<!–QuoteBegin>

…shit like you…

Thank you very much!

I take it you thought those lists were all mine and I wrote the lists myself and that they weren’t ironic or meant to be mean spirited? OK…I accept that. Read them however you want. Take them any way you see fit.

Just one thing…If you want to be offended by obvious sarcasm and parody that has been around a long time (search the internet and you’ll find all the lists in many place) at least learn to use proper grammar when blasting us - mostly punctuation, spacing and capitalization. The way you type make your posts read like you are an idiot.

well,i have a brain injury,and i’m nearly blind,and that’s the way i type,but you know best-i can’t assimilate your sophisticated sense of sarcasim and parody.you’re sooo smart.i was responding to the coward “coulter”,not to your stupid lists .if you think that shit is funny ,cool,not me…let me get this right,you are attacking me for my typing?rich-have you ever read the work of samuel beckett,or the poet ee cummings?do you know why i mention these examples?i think you’re the idiot…i’ll be reposting your oh-so-funny lists,too.like i said shame,ntrack forum!
(proper grammar,HAHA! what a bunch of fucking robots!you follow the rules.get in line-turn on your tv,it’s medication time,gentlemen.i write how i can & how i want.i am a painter,a musician,a poet.i express the gift i have-nothing you say means anything to me-i have joy and freedom,and that’s the best revenge.so ,tonite as i light up the chalice,and i’m getting blown by my beautiful hippie girlfriend,i’ll think of all you sour old farts,and all your pent-up frustration (oh,sorry,parody)

Audiobru,

I’ll mention this (because he likely won’t) but phoo is dyslexic. He goes to the extra trouble of spell checking each of his posts before posting them because he respects others enough to make the extra effort to be understandable to them.

Personally, I admire him very much for that; few are as considerate.

Considering how much importance he obviously places on clarity, it isn’t surprising that he would be sensitive to a perceived lack of care in others’ posts.

Also, the lists he posted were not lists that came from his own feelings/attitudes - he posted them as something humourous to share with the board. Some of the things you posted did suggest that you were under the mistaken belief that those lists represented phoo’s real opinions.

So we have a misunderstanding; it happens. I don’t intend to speak for phoo nor anyone else but I’m going to suggest that before anyone says anything they may later regret saying we refrain from the strong rhetoric.

no misunderstanding,bill.i get the fact it’s supposed to be parody.i don’t care who’s the author,never said that.i said it seemed to me exclusionary and hateful.not funny.my opinion-[QUOTE]“You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural” i understand the so -called sarcasim,but this implies that homosexuality is “un-natural”,see-that’s exclusionary,and to me hateful.homosexuality occurs in nature-many cultures(including Native American cultures)recognize this and it works fine.gay people suffer all kinds of attacks,physical,and verbal,everyday.
i don’t think it’s good to create or repeat this kind of retoric,that’s what i said-

once again,i was resonding to attacks from"coulter"in my last post…
you know, if you’re dyslexic and you want to use spell-check to make sure you’re following all the rules,great…
i’m not a rule-follower.i am expressing myself.sorry if you take it as a personal affront-bill,did you catch my refrence to other writing styles,maybe in between conjugating latin verbs you,of all the ntrack regulars may have seen the work of the writers to which i refer…
if you don’t dig my style,don’t read the posts
i would think poop,sorry,phoo might have some resonance with others who are struggling,but i don’t see that
you know each forum on the internet is kinda like a neighborhood bar-you go in ,see what the vibe is,check the coversation.some places you like ,others aren’t for you.
this place is full of frustrated ,right-wing malcontents,racists and homophobs,practicing crummugons,and psuedo-pundits.
i can’t dig it-i’m ashamed to have assocation with ntrack forum-i’m very glad i’m not welcome here,makes me know i’m doing the right thing…
i won’t share music here anymore,and i’ll spare you all the agravation of my posts.to the other cool poeple here,and you know who you are-i urge you to take your valued input elsewhere…i know none of my gay friend s will be posting here or buying ntrack
i’m going back to making music-i urge others to do the same

FWIW, I appreciate the use of the somewhat archaic word “billious.”

The Bartcop picture scares me. :)

Yes, I am familiar with both Beckett and cummings. And while it is true that they (particularly cummings) did eschew normal rules of punctuation and capitalization, it was done for very specific reasons and not undertaken lightly.

What many people fail to understand about poetic licence is that it is not a cover-all for either ignorance of the rules nor disdain for the rules but rather it is employed to achieve specific effects. In other words, to be considered under the umbrella of ‘poetic licence’ an author first demonstrates a keen understanding of the rules before employing the effect of breaking them; otherwise he or she risks being thought ignorant of the rules.

An excellent example would be the “archy and mehitabel” stories by Don Marquis.

Neither Marquis nor Beckett nor cummings were in any danger of being thought either ignorant or disdainful of the rules since all three had significant bodies of work that clearly demonstrated their keen understanding of the rules before they undertook to break them. Thus, in their cases, they can clearly be understood to have been employing poetic licence. Authors possessing lesser bodies of work risk creating an undesirable impression.

Bill, you are the DUDE - anyone else here know archy and mehitabel? Wonderful stuff!

cummings and Marquis broke the rules in ways that referred to the rules - that was part of the genius.

For you, Tom…

<!–QuoteBegin>

the song of mehitabel

this is the song of mehitabel
of mehitabel the alley cat
as i wrote you before boss
mehitabel is a believer
in the pythagorean
theory of the transmigration
of the soul and she claims
that formerly her spirit
was incarnated in the body
of cleopatra
that was a long time ago
and one must not be
surprised if mehitabel
has forgotten some of her
more regal manners

i have had my ups and downs
but wotthehell wotthehell
yesterday sceptres and crowns
fried oysters and velvet gowns
and today i herd with bums
i wake the world from sleep
as i caper and sing and leap
when i sing my wild free tune
wotthehell wotthehell
under the blear eyed moon
i am pelted with cast off shoon

do you think that i would change
my present freedom to range
for a castle or moated grange
wotthehell wotthehell
cage me and i d go frantic
my life is so romantic
capricious and corybantic
and i m toujours gai toujours gai

i know that i am bound
for a journey down the sound
in the midst of a refuse mound
oh i should worry and fret
death and i will coquette
there s a dance in the old dame yet
toujours gai toujours gai

i once was an innocent kit
wotthehell wotthehell
with a ribbon my neck to fit
and bells tied onto it
o wotthehell wotthehell
but a maltese cat came by
with a come hither look in his eye
and a song that soared to the sky
and wotthehell wotthehell
and i followed adown the street
the pad of his rhythmical feet
o permit me again to repeat
wotthehell wotthehell

my youth i shall never forget
but there s nothing i really regret
wotthehell wotthehell
there s a dance in the old dame yet

the things that i had not ought to
i do because i ve gotto
wotthehell wotthehell
and i end with my favorite motto

boss sometimes i think
that our friend mehitabel
is a trifle too gay

My favourite line: "i am pelted with cast off shoon"

Gotta like that.

Quote (Guest @ June 02 2006,20:56)
<!–QuoteBegin>
Posts like this from “anonymous” posters are amazing. I don’t believe that the poster realizes that he/she insulted him/herself. It doesn’t matter that what they said or wrote has no basis in fact; what matters is that their response was meant to be a bigoted insult. Really quite sad.

Anonymous? So, is DrGuitar your given name or your family name? :D

Look up “humor” in the dictionary, and while you’re there, check out “irony” too. :p

No, I am neither bigoted nor homophobic. I am however deeply idiotphobic, and I believe that audiobru’s recent responses to Phoo, Jeremysdemo, and others; makes him a legitimate target for idiot-baiting. :cool:

Colter,

I appreciate your effort to intervein here.
However, I need no defence to audiobru’s recent comments to me. He has neither offended me, nor made me feel any lesser of him.

He is priceless, and wonderful as far as I am concerned.

I am actually sorry to see him leave, especially for the reasons he has stated. I don’t feel that makes him an idiot.
If he knew the people here better he would be able to see there is no hatred for different sexual prefferences.

Audiobru,

I don’t see the reason for not recomending Ntrack to anybody. Most software sites have forums, some of which have nothing to do with the creator of the software or it’s functionality.
This area of forum was specifically created by request of the users for just such topics. If these types of conversation bother ya, “no clicky”. Plenty of people stick to the other two areas religously.

Again I think your GREAT! And you will be missed.

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Thanks Bill! :)

:)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Dear Colter,

Forced civility or sarcasm Dr? :)

<!–QuoteBegin>
I guess I should allow you to be curt and nasty in your own way, but I really fail to see the humor in your aggressive, bigoted remark to audiobru.

Thank you…Oh sorry, I missed the “but”. :(

To be honest DrGuitar, I did not post in an attempt to tickle your sense of humor. Nor anyone else’s for that matter; only my own, and in that I succeeded. :D

<!–QuoteBegin>
If you do not agree with his remarks, there is a civil way to express it without resorting to name calling.

Indeed there is DrGuitar. However, I chose not to follow that path because I assumed it to be a futile one. I make no claims that my path was a better one, but as I said, it amused me.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Do you look like Ann Coulter or do you just want people to think you are similar in your views?

If I looked like that, do you think I’d be wasting my time writing stupid posts on the Internet? :D

Quote (audiobru @ June 02 2006,23:07)
it’s medication time,gentlemen.i write how i can & how i want.i am a painter,a musician,a poet.

If you’re still here audiobru, perhaps you ought to go a tad easier on the medication? ???

<!–QuoteBegin>
,tonite as i light up the chalice,and i’m getting blown by my beautiful hippie girlfriend,i’ll think of all you sour old farts

Tell me again about this “civility” I should be practicing DrGuitar.

Or do you really think I should be playing Softball when the rules of the game seem to be Hardball! ???

audibru has been here before, under several different noms de guerre, and I’m sure he’ll be back. :)

Ann, you are much funnier on TV. :)

Ahh Colter, I now know who you are. It is the baiter without an equal… the man who never answers a straight question. The man who makes claims and points and then when questioned about them, sidesteps and acts as if he never said that. He is the ultimate rulechanger mid discussion and will later claim that the discussion never happened…

Can anyone else guess who Colter is? :p

Is there a prize?

Am I allowed to enter the competition?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

ROFL

OK. The game’s up, my secret identity has been discovered.

Yes, I am Jimmy Hoffa.

Yes, I have been hiding in Ann Coulter’s underwear drawer for 30 years.

Just don’t tell anyone OK? :(

Ignore that jerk-off. I never said any of that stuff.