When Levi Plays

:slight_smile:

So this is not lyrically or musically genius or anything, but somehow it seemed like a good day to write a “low down” song, and somehow Levi’s name came up…

When Levi Plays:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands…7638822

:D

whew!ew ew w :agree:

Cool!

now you need to do one called “when the leeeee-vai breaks.”

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ May 27 2009, 2:40 PM)

now you need to do one called "when the leeeee-vai breaks."

Uh - huh - that was the pun in the last "verse" - although it might be the case that Levi pronounces his name more like the pants than the barrier...oh no, now I have to redo it... :)

i don’t know which it is. my brother levi is pronounced like the pants, but i didn’t know if that was true for all.

:laugh: It's ok Thomas,
Levi Stringer = like pants and guitar stringes

Levee = like when the levee breaks

It's still a cool song. Whishing the drums where up front and kickin a little more
:laugh:
:agree:

Cool

Gotta be from the southern U.S. to enunciate Levi in the proper form!

Used to be a “Levee” Jeans factory here in Greensboro, I think it went to Mexico! Along with those GM auto plants.
Kick is very good volume, maybe a little hotter on the snare! Sounds good tho!
Axe work is awsum Tom! :agree:

Oh shoot, well, thanks for pointing it out anyway, JDET. Oh, boy, I must be getting stupider and stupider - sorry about that Levi.

So…I will change it…

but i swear I knew a Levi a few years back who was a “leeevai”…

if you’re re-doing, might I suggest when the levi breaks there is an outward expression in the lyric instead of “come running” was it? to go running or whatever…?? just a thought

Levee… levee… "When the Levee Breaks…

A levee, levée, dike (or dyke), embankment, floodbank or stopbank is a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels. It is usually earthen and often parallel to the course of a river or the coast.

Levi may also be broke… I know I am… :disagree:

What were ya’ll talking about? :laugh:

D

Could be… I’ve been a lesbian all my life. Trapped in a mans body…

D

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 28 2009, 11:35 AM)

if you're re-doing, might I suggest when the levi breaks there is an outward expression in the lyric instead of "come running" was it? to go running or whatever....?? just a thought

Well, I would point out that "when levi breaks" could mean that he gets his musical break, or it could mean that he simply breaks down...
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ May 27 2009, 2:40 PM)

now you need to do one called "when the leeeee-vai breaks."

lol That's definitely coming across like a texan accident!

Either way - Levi or levy breaks - I’m runnin’ away!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 28 2009, 4:32 PM)

Either way - Levi or levy breaks - I'm runnin' away!

Got some cash I can barrow just in case? :agree: lol

I’m asset rich and cash poor son. Maybe next quarter?!

Regardless of how you pronounce it, it’s still a cool song. :agree: