Where's a good free compressor with presets?

Blueline Compressor does EXACTLY what I want, however it has lots of problems with n-track as I often have to remove and readd because of failure reconnecting source.

I am looking for one with simple presets like blueline has, for vocal, guitar, things like that.

I know the Blueline series, and have used them in the past, but they are way outdated now, and not up to current VST specs, hence the trouble you are having.

I recommend the Kjaerhusaudio Classic Compressor for replacement. In fact, the whole Classic series from Kjaerhusaudio is great - good sound, useable presets, and, above all, free! :D

Good luck n-Trackin’!

regards, Nils

:cool: Hi!!
I use the Classic VST plugins too. Very good>>>
I also use GVST Plugins : GVST - Free VST Effects and Instruments
These also have presets & easy too modify & save your own presets.

See Ya!!!

:laugh:
I Just checked the URL I left in the last post.
It has changed.
Here is the latest | GVST - Free VST Effects and Instruments

Another vote for both - Kjaerhusaudio is my 1st choice and the G-range a very close 2nd.

Go over to the KVR-VST forum, sign up (it’s free and they don’t SPAM you to death) do a search for “PushTec”. It was entered in the developers contest a few months back and hopefully it’s still downloadable. It sounds GREAT and has a bunch of nice presets but is extremely tweakable.

Shoot, if you can’t find it, drop me a PM and I’ll email it to you. I like it so much it’s got to be shared somehow… :D

D

EDIT: LINK to original thread. n forum Duncan Parsons developed “EQ22” a rather nice EQ plugin. Grab it too.

From that same KVR competiton, there was a compressor that sounds great, but when I hit the save button would scroll through all the presents, thus making saves a rather slow business. But it’s a great comp. MASB or something. WHat was that?

Hey Tom,

Have you tried that PushTec plugin on drums? I drop it in the insert slot on the drums group… holy cow, that thing works great in that application. The snare “bites” and the kick “whumps”… IF you want 'em to of course. Depends on the context. I really like it though. Good plugin.

That other one is “MASB Compressor by Sambean @ Magalov Audio”. Also VERY nice.

D

Another vote here for the Kjaerhusaudio compressor but please remember that presets are just a starting point, especially with a compressor that won’t do anything unless the threshold is set properly.

Yet another vote for the classic plugs…

The Kaerjhaus Classic compreesor and limiter are essentials IMO. Especially at the price!

D

PS The whole classic series see a lot of use here. Good stuff.

Quote (Diogenes @ Jan. 11 2007,15:15)
Hey Tom,

Have you tried that PushTec plugin on drums? I drop it in the insert slot on the drums group... holy cow, that thing works great in that application. The snare "bites" and the kick "whumps"... IF you want 'em to of course. Depends on the context. I really like it though. Good plugin.

That other one is "MASB Compressor by Sambean @ Magalov Audio". Also VERY nice.

D

Yes, it's the best thing from that group of plug ins, perhaps. :D

We are sooooooooo lucky to have all this stuff.