Where do they go...?

…standing in line for unemployment?

Does anyone ever notice that the internet goes dead at times?

Sometimes I notice that all the Forums are bustling and then…ocassionally…it’s like everyone left town at the same time.

Where do they all go? Why wasn’t I invited? Is it a secret club meeting on what to argue about next?

A friend of mine has an internet talk show every day for an hour. He notices the same thing. If there was a lack of callins to his show he has noticed the Forums are dead too.

…and what about this 2099 build? It’s been there forever. Is Flavio alright? I hope he’s not sick or something. He usually posts updates TOO regularily! :) I really hope he’s OK…or maybe he’s at that secret meeting too!

KingFish

I’d like to know what changed in 2099, there’s no explanation.

Kingfish have you ever played with Tex mex pickups? What’s your impression of them?

if they ever decided to serve coffee and donuts in this forum I’d never leave.

Quote (StuH @ May 11 2006,05:21)
I’d like to know what changed in 2099, there’s no explanation.

Kingfish have you ever played with Tex mex pickups? What’s your impression of them?

if they ever decided to serve coffee and donuts in this forum I’d never leave.

I like the bite of the Tex Mex compared to the standards. More bluesy and modern too me.

I play '59 Seymore (humbuckers) for that same reason.

Although every pickup has it’s plus and minus and alot can change with what you plug that guitar in to or what effect chain you like.

That guitar you ordered is a pretty versitile axe…3 pickups…a tele body and neck…piezo pickups…You’ll be in heaven man!

Now I want one again… :)

I always pass on the builds with no explanation…

KingFish

I’ve skipped on the fender/fishman bridge option and went with the nashville tele. HUGE price difference and seeing I only record and have the yamaha apx6a, no need for it.

I want another guitar after this one. Want to make my own next time.

KF, I have noticed the same thing. A lot of my job is also supporting networks. There is the same thing. One day you get a call from everyone and for a week straight, nothing. There is some macro economic/chaos theory thing going on I am sure.

Actually its statistical queuing theory – random arrival times are exponentially distributed.

It’s related to another phenomenon that I don’t understand at all. That is, regardless of the the checkout line I choose at WalMart, it is always the slowest one. Can’t see to find the theory behind that…

tspringer, there actually was a short piece in Sci American about that a few years ago - it’s a combination of the fact that there is a 2/3 chance that you will not pick the fastest line of any three (e.g.) and the human tendency to focus on the fact that some other line seems to be going faster and to draw the unwarranted conclusion that the one the person is in is the the slowest (when it might be the middle one).

Well there you go. Now I’ll no longer have to live under the cloud of suspcision that I have been singled out by fate for special torture. Thanks. See how spending time in this forum can improve your life?

Tim

Quote (KingFish @ May 11 2006,17:58)
Does anyone ever notice that the internet goes dead at times?

Sometimes I notice that all the Forums are bustling and then.....ocassionally......it's like everyone left town at the same time.

Where do they all go? Why wasn't I invited? Is it a secret club meeting on what to argue about next?

A friend of mine has an internet talk show every day for an hour. He notices the same thing. If there was a lack of callins to his show he has noticed the Forums are dead too.

....and what about this 2099 build? It's been there forever. Is Flavio alright? I hope he's not sick or something. He usually posts updates TOO regularily! :) I really hope he's OK.....or maybe he's at that secret meeting too!

KingFish

I'd say if their was a way to check the local water usage records of the members, you may have your answer.

I suspect a huge spike, in water usage directly corresponding to the time frame where low internet usage exist.

Interpretation:

People shower. :D

They also, mow their lawns, walk their dogs, cook meals, alot of them around the same time.

It may be lunch time in LA but dinner time in the east coast. The two combine to make an internet ghost town.

Peace be with the trackers,

jerm :cool:

No, but this is like for a few days. You can have a three day stretch of no life and then everyone checks in.

Quote (Bubbagump @ May 12 2006,12:41)
No, but this is like for a few days. You can have a three day stretch of no life and then everyone checks in.

Could we cross reference this with weather paterns?

A three day stretch of nice weather in one demographic.

Yes but remember not everyone on the Internet lives in the USA. I know it’s hard to believe but there are other places out there too… :slight_smile:

Ya like Rhode Island…ohhh that’s in the US.