Wheres' Flavio?

I am having some difficulty getting an answer from Flavio.
Anyone have a clue why the hold-up?

Christmas Vacation is my guess.

Hey Guys:
I’ve heard it from various sources… And this is second-hand information :O ??? but he likes to run across the Pond and down into Egypt… When he comes back he’ll be all refreshed and ready to post a new build and we’ll be Dogg’in on him to fix the faults that the updates has caused us…

Let him alone… He likes the sun and warm weather too… :p

Hey, it’s +10 here today clear skies and a full moon at night… It lights up the whole place… I’m think’in about getting the snowblower out to see how it cuts the lawn… Anybody got some lime to spread … it makes the grass green…

It’s gonna be this way into next week…

I don’t care about this “Global Warming”… Well, right now, anyway…

Bill…

Bill, forget the SNOWBLOWER get a FLAMETHROWER never have to cut that #### GREEN STUFF again -

BTW he could have gone to APPLE to pick up their cross assembler, so N will run on the MAC - that would be fun !

imagine the forum full of them bleating away -

Dr J

<!–QuoteBegin>

Anybody got some lime to spread … it makes the grass green…

Yup, it does that to tequila too. :D

Most Apple/Mac guys that I know are a bit on the “Snooty” side… Well… They tend to look down on Windows DAWs… They seem to be skeptical when it comes to do with any Windows based DAWs producing music files. The minute you give them a CD with music files on it, they question the validity of the files, and presume they were written by some other Mac Based studio… or… they shun the files as second rate or not worthy of being repro’d on their set-up…

Then when I invite them over to cut my lawn with my snowblower they just sluff-me-off… :O ??? :laugh: :p

Bill…

they must be as ‘sick as parrots’ (as we say in England) now were all on the same chip - HA HA HA -

next time you meet LORD SNOOTY ask him if he uses WORD then say thats MICROSOFT WORD I BELIEVE - and watch his face turn RED with anger - HA HA HA -

Dr (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA) J

I find it hard to believe that you…WOXNERW…actually gave a sharp tongued answer such as you did!
I could (and many others I’m sure) could always count on you to produce an intelligable and helpful answer within your replies.
To me you seemed quite leveled headed and even tempered and a real asset to peoples questions.
I am sad and shocked!
:( ???

Quote (pianoman @ Jan. 08 2007,15:52)
I find it hard to believe that you...WOXNERW...actually gave a sharp tongued answer such as you did!
I could (and many others I'm sure) could always count on you to produce an intelligable and helpful answer within your replies.
To me you seemed quite leveled headed and even tempered and a real asset to peoples questions.
I am sad and shocked!
:( ???

Which bit? I don't see anything other than just "Bill" in what he has written. I'm sure there was no intention to offend.

Hi Pianoman:

How’s it going today, with you?

Have you received any reply from Flavio, regarding the support you’d like to receive from?

It appears that phoo may be right… He’s on Christmas Vacation… Generally, and in past years he “Lays Low” during the first several weeks of January/February…

If you have a Do-or-Die question, why not post it up here somewhere, and maybe some of the very clever guys, (that frequent the Board) might be able to answer for you and get you going before Flavio gets the opportunity to reply to your question(s)…

There’s quite a bunch of stable/knowledgeable guys that hang around here… Some of them specialize in hardware… some in software and some that practice both endeavors, including music…

Then, there’s Me… :O Nobody takes me seriously
??? Nor, should they… Most of the time I say exactly what I mean, to say… There’s lots of times I’d like to retract things I say up here… But once you say it it up here, it goes on forever, in cyber…

In defence of what I said on that post…

Flavio deserves some time off from this place… once-in-a-while… It seems as though he takes his vacation each year around this time…

I live in a time-zone where, if I come up here to the Board I will see Flavio here… studying the topics to see what is going on… and… I’ve seen him up here at just about any hour of the night-or-day… What more dedication can you ask from an audio programmer, than that? Flavio deserves to take as much time off as he chooses, and go anywhere in the world he wants to go…

If in fact Flavio is away from the store… good for him… We’ll see you when you get back… :O :;):

Bill…

[EDIT] I’m sorry to hear, that… IF…
You are a Mac/Apple guy, I don’t see where asking Flavio for any support will help… unless you got one of those Intel/Mac Mainboards-and-Processors… But, I still don’t think Flavio is quite there, yet… Maybe, he is?? And yes… I know lots of Mac/ProTool guys that look down their noses at Windows Base’d DAWs… and ask me who is this Flavio, Guy? and where does he live?

THAT’S the Bill (WOXNERW) That I am used to…
Bill, Please accept my most humble apologies for the rude thread of mine. You are so right in those statements. I want to say it was this @#$% computer driving me crazy. I have no excuse.
I should have known better than to make those remarks.

Mark

Hi pianoman and n-Track Posters:
Thank you for the nice quick reply… You gents are capable and able to say whatever you choose on whatever Board to decide to post on… I don’t pretend to be able to read between any one’s lines up here… However, I try, at times… I may say and contribute to threads that I know little or nothing about… but I treat those topics as a learning experience… I always try to take something positive with me from what I’ve seen-or-heard… At times I attempt to reply or say things to Garner replies… Having said that I get exactly the reply I deserve… So… there… And what a great way to learn… whatever that is…

Bill…

I can feel the LOVE in the room and I’m just so proud to be here!

I’ve seen simple misunderstandings get really ugly in “other” forums and I’m so pleased to see grown ups playing nicely.

I’m sure it’s been said before but: sometimes tonal inflection gets lost in print.

Bravo grownups, bravo!

Melody

Hi Melody:
Many of us here are quite aware of the Attitudes of the posters of these Hi-Profile Audio Boards… The smallest innuendo can end up in some pretty big “Word-and-Knowledge Wars”, with lots of language, to make their points…

There are some pretty Heavy-Duty Audio Guys that lurk around this Board just to see what we are chatting about from time-to-time… Some of them post here, but many just look down the topic list and then take these ideas back to where they do/spend most of their time…

I’d like to think that this Board is one of the more mature audio Boards, as a result of our attitudes toward one-another… Well… that’s what I think…

If I could only get back to tracking, I wouldn’t spend so much time here… But I’d always check in here to see what’s going on… from time-to-time…

Bill…

He’s back!

Version 5.0.3, Build 2094, just posted for download.

Welcome back Flavio! Hope you enjoyed your vaccation!!

Don

Hurray! I’ll be checking it out shortly… I hope he has fixed the problems vexing me on my setup.

D

Nope. Same project, same plugins, clicks, pops and farts galore at 100ms latency unless I freeze half of the tracks… runs in Reaper at 20ms smooth as glass. :(

D

just bumping the topic up to 500 reads -

Dr J

Just bumping the topic up to 501 reads.

:slight_smile:

(Sorry, couldn’t resist).