Who's Next

Wow

It really kind of sucked.

Who was first?

Eyup!

Wasn’t me.

…The album…

ARRRGGGG!

Sadly, the Who album was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Haven’t heard it in years (got it on vinyl but no player), but “Baba O’Riley”, “Won’t get fooled again” and “Behind Blue Eyes”, are absolute classic tracks. “Bargain”… “My wife”… it’s all coming back to me now.

So what did you think sucked about it Jason?

Bargain - one of the best tunes ever written.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Bargain - one of the best tunes ever written

The best I ever had!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Who’s on first?

Of course, this thread might also be about Tom Lehrer’s great song “Who’s Next”…:stuck_out_tongue:

The LP “Who’s Next” was a total classic, well written and performed. Not a weak song on it.

Lay down beside me, Love ain’t for keepin’! Oh Yes!

Who? You darn tootin’ THE WHO! Great stuff.

D – wonderin’ what red-eye has against Who’s next? ???

Every time I hear Pete Townshend say “beep beep” in Goin’ Mobile I want to puke.

Quote (Former Member Gone @ Mar. 29 2006,07:39)
Every time I hear Pete Townshend say “beep beep” in Goin’ Mobile I want to puke.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Ok, fair enough . There’s me thinking you’re gonna critisise the the mastering, and maybe the engineering… or perhaps John’s bass sound wasn’t as good as on other albums… or then I thought perhaps you didn’t think Roger was on top form… but really it was gonna be the songs… not political enough… they’ve sold out, (no that one came earlier), so it must be that they got, too political, or was it sexist (“My wife”)…or just the album cover art - (just plain gross in the 70’s)… or…

but, yeah, I can live with “beep beep” making yer puke. I have a similar problem. When people say “Every time I hear Pete Townshend say “beep beep” in Goin’ Mobile I want to puke” it makes me wanna puke… :p (kiddin!).

<!–QuoteBegin>
Gonna buy a tank and an airplane
When she catches up with me
Won’t be no time to explain
She thinks I’ve been with another woman
And that’s enough to send her half insane
Gonna buy a fast car
Put on my lead boots
And take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money
But I’ll still be alive

J Entwistle

Gotta go…

Yes.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Yes.

Stop going off topic Tom, we’re talking about The Who, not that Anderson, Squire, Wakeman outfit.

Saw Jon Anderson solo Monday night…it was a GREAT personal show in a small room. Not polished at all, which added to the specialness. It was him and an acoustic guitar, or piano, or acoustic/MIDI guitar. YES! WAY COOL!

<!–QuoteBegin>

YES! WAY COOL!

Very , very cool. tell us more…