Who have we been sold too?

This is scary stuff…

Quote:

WASHINGTON - The government's maximum exposure to financial institutions since 2007 could total nearly $24 trillion, or about $80,000 for every American, the watchdog overseeing the federal government financial bailout said Monday.

The whopping amount compiled by the inspector general for the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program takes into account about 50 initiatives and programs set up by the Bush and Obama administrations as well as by the Federal Reserve.

Many of the programs are backed by collateral and the $23.7 trillion represents the gross, not net, exposure that the government could face. No one has suggested that the full amount, in fact, will be used.

The watchdog also said the Treasury Department has repeatedly failed to adopt recommendations aimed at making the TARP program more accountable and transparent.

Neil Barofsky, the inspector general for the TARP, said in a report to Congress that Treasury's inaction means taxpayers have not been told what the financial institutions that have received assistance are doing with the money.

Barofsky's conclusion is contained in testimony he is prepared to give Tuesday to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Found it on MSN... :heart-break:

D

Oh, we know they screwed up almost totally.

Shoulda had the regulation in place to stop this.

Unemployment in Michigan is above 15%, in Flint above 25%. And a local economist who works for the U of Michigan here says we’re not experiencing a depression.

Uh huh.

Who have we been sold to?

Well, speaking personally: A guy from Walmart look my left leg last week, then the owner of the local Chinese restaurant (who claimed to represent China) took my right arm, then…

Well, to cut a long story short, the repo-men so far have left me with three fingers, one eye and half a liver. So if nothing else, I can still type, read, and hit the Jack Daniels! :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 20 2009, 4:18 PM)

Oh, we know they screwed up almost totally.

Shoulda had the regulation in place to stop this.

Unemployment in Michigan is above 15%, in Flint above 25%.
And a local economist who works for the U of Michigan here says we're not experiencing a depression.

Uh huh.

And the sad fact is the numbers being reported nation wide are false because everyone that was on un-employment from Jan aren't back to work, they just ran out their 26 weeks.

Numbers, right. I bet if the real numbers were out Mich would topple over 30%
It's worse than the government is letting on. But then again, when have they ever been upfront and honest to the people?

Just my opinion here but, whoever we got sold to got screwed.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 20 2009, 6:11 PM)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Quote: (EZee @ Jul. 20 2009, 2:56 PM)

Who have we been sold to?

Well, speaking personally: A guy from Walmart look my left leg last week, then the owner of the local Chinese restaurant (who claimed to represent China) took my right arm, then.........

Well, to cut a long story short, the repo-men so far have left me with three fingers, one eye and half a liver. So if nothing else, I can still type, read, and hit the Jack Daniels!
:laugh:

Well, I once heard that if you lost your right arm your right would be left, right? And this leads to unilateral disarmament, of course.
Quote:

Well, to cut a long story short, the repo-men so far have left me with three fingers, one eye and half a liver. So if nothing else, I can still type, read, and hit the Jack Daniels!

the jackie D will take care of that half-liver right quick.

Well, it’s taken near 60 years so far; so perhaps we need a more formal definition of “right quick”?
:p

We all know the truth about JD!
It’s an elixir!
It’s good for ya! You should rub some on your body if ya can’t drink it. :agree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 20 2009, 4:11 PM)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!:laugh:
:agree:
Well don't let this get around but I heard that who bought us really doesn't have the kind of money that they think they have *shhhhh* ;) Which means, we really didn't get a loan ;)
we just think that we did lol
Quote:

We all know the truth about JD! It's an elixir! It's good for ya! You should rub some on your body if ya can't drink it.

it's such a powerful elixir that even rubbing it on yer body can end a marriage and git ewe put in da slammer.
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jul. 22 2009, 8:24 AM)

Quote:

We all know the truth about JD!
It's an elixir!
It's good for ya!
You should rub some on your body if ya can't drink it.

it's such a powerful elixir that even rubbing it on yer body can end a marriage and git ewe put in da slammer.

Heck Jason you don't need JD for that, a women alone can ruin your health and put ya in the slammer! :laugh: Just teasin!!!!! But there is some truth to it too I suppose.
Depends on who you talk to.
I don't let JD rule me.
I'm a sipper, a shot here and there sometimes two.
I'll even have a tablespoon full on ocassion.
IMHO it's a fine drink!