Who is using 64 bit version of n-Track?

?

So I got a new computer, it’s a 64 bit OS, so I had to get a new interface, and ended up with a MOTU 828mk3, and it is a thing of beauty, but according to Flavio,

Quote:

The 64 bit version only sees plug-ins compiled for x64 CPUs.

So…who else is using the 64 bit version, and what plugins are you using other than n-Track’s? Or…what have been compiled for 64 bits?

TIA!

Oh, I have to add: once again n-Track is out in front of the pack.

Too bad a 32bit/64 bit “wrapper” isn’t available…

Check out the Voxengo website. They might have something you need.

Voxengo

Yep - they seem to be the only ones, other than Cakewalk (Sonar has been 64 bit for a while now). I posted a request at PSP and wrote to the Nomad Factory people, who make some of my favorites. Also, SIR2 seems like it might be coming out in 64 bit version, and the other software I use regularly, Orion, has a beta 64 bit version, which I am off to install right now.

The Voxengo folks make some very good plugs, however.

Thanks Kevin!

I don’t have 64 bit so I don’t know about the reaplugs, great plugins though!

The Rea plugs aren’t the 64 bit I don’t think, they don’t show up here anyways. KVR and do a search for 64 plugs Tom, there’s a few free ones but not many.
The MDA plugs are 64 bit and open source now, still free too.

If you want to buy, there several more, Sir2 is 64 bit I believe.

Now, I’m hoping that a future update to n-Track will include a convolution verb, so I won’t have to buy SIR2…

Well, SIR2 is indeed out in a beta version, but the price is waaaayyyyy out of my league, as much as I’d like it.

Umm…Mr. Antonioli? Any plans for a convolution verb in the 64 bit version in the future?

If I could just have that, and my PSP Vintage Warmer, I’d be a happy camper…

I don’t do 64 bit Tommy because of disk space that I love to much.

Quote: (Levi @ Mar. 01 2009, 6:34 PM)

I don't do 64 bit Tommy because of disk space that I love to much.

This has nothing to do with disk space.

D

Why don’t you just run the 32 bit n-Track?

D

PS I WISH we could edit posts… I left for a minute, came back to add that and NO…

Err… never mind…

Quote:

BUT…the 32 bit version of n-Track blue screens with the MOTU.

Bummer…

D
Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 01 2009, 7:13 PM)

Quote: (Levi @ Mar. 01 2009, 6:34 PM)

I don't do 64 bit Tommy because of disk space that I love to much.

D

To clarify;

Levi, The operating system and n-Track run using 64 bit processing to take advantage of 64 bit capable CPU's and more addressable memory space if installed. 32 bit is limited to a little over 3GB. 64 bit addressable memory is waaayyy on up there.

Your audio data is still in 16 or 24 bit format. I don't remember but you may be able to have n save your wav files in 32 bit float. A 64 bit float stereo project would be HUGE! :)

D
Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 01 2009, 7:13 PM)

??? Oh, well never mind then

Yeah, there are next to no 64 bit plugs out there except for what comes bundled with 64 bit Sonar, Reaper, and N. Voxengo is about it and I think the Stillwell boys offer 64 bit plugs as well.

Sonar had that “Bit bridge” thing for 32 to 64 but I think it turned out to be a disaster. El buggo ceeteee…

D

Yeah, not much point to running the 64 bit versions at this point so far as I can see. 64 bit OSs seem to be fine while running the 32 bit apps as memory handling is supposedly much better though.

So you can run 32 bit apps with 64 bit OS and take advantage of increased memory? I mean load up more effects per track? As long as they ae 32 bit effects.

Well, the 32 bit version of n-Track does not like my new computer. But the 64 bit version does.