Who is using 64 bit version of n-Track?

Check your Motu drivers and settings for the 32 bit app Tom, could be something there.

I haven’t had the first problem with E-Mu card or running any 32 bit apps, talk about plug-ins, holy cow, it’s kinda hard to load too many in a project, can you run 4 instances of Sir in a project with out it going slug ville?

With the x64 machine, I have! :agree:

Not that I needed it, just wanted to see if I could lock up the cpu. :laugh:

Come to think of it, you are right - the problem is almost certainly the drivers - but the updated drivers won’t install. I have to contact MOTU. Got some weird error message. Also there is a “firmware” update to do for the interface. Ah, lots to do, lots to do…

good discussion - please keep us posted!

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 02 2009, 11:59 AM)

So you can run 32 bit apps with 64 bit OS and take advantage of increased memory? I mean load up more effects per track? As long as they ae 32 bit effects.

Yes, but it isn't substantial. The point is you can separeate out the memory used for the app and the OS. So you are still stuck with what, a 3GB cap, but that all gets used by the app while the OS is off elsewhere.

Yeh - I started looking into that. The most you can get is 4gig -IF the app is “large address aware” - a compiling option - which leads me to wonder if N is in that catagory?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294418

Personally I am not going to upgrade processor/OS until the next gen of USB and FIREWIRE are out and bug free.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 03 2009, 12:12 PM)

Personally I am not going to upgrade processor/OS until the next gen of USB and FIREWIRE are out and bug free.

So you are planning on spending the rest of your life in 2004? :D

1974 was lots better than 2004

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 03 2009, 1:16 PM)

I heard THAT! I was eleven... not a care in the world...

D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_in_music

Quote:

So you are planning on spending the rest of your life in 2004?

Pres Bush forever :laugh:

But I thought the new USB & 1394 were on the way. 2010 baby. But in 2010 I won't have any money the way things are going. :p
Quote: (phoo @ Mar. 03 2009, 2:29 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_in_music

Man... I was all up in that list... then I saw ABBA. :p

One of my wife's favorites. I get all "pukey" feeling after a couple of ABBA tunes... :laugh:

D

Hey, not that I’ll ever need it either… but Yaz posted a bit about loading up 4 SIR verbs on a 64 bit machine with n64. Well, being the ****head that I am. I had to try it with ‘R’ on my old POS Athlon XP3200 2GB RAM DAW box. I loaded a WIP (work in progress) with 12 tracks, a buncha comps and stuff and slapped 4 SIR’s in it for reverb auxes. Much to my surprise, it worked a treat.

I still think ‘R’ has the patootey beat out of n when it comes to audio engine efficiency. As my new sig says though… If you’re happy, I’m happy.

Just an interesting test… no need for flaming… :peace:

D

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 03 2009, 1:31 PM)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 03 2009, 1:16 PM)

I heard THAT! I was eleven... not a care in the world...

D

You are such a kid.
I was 12 in 74...

Ah, but here’s what really mattered:

Quote:

Robin Zander joins with Tom Petersson, Bun E. Carlos and Rick Nielson and the “real” Cheap Trick band line up as we have come to know is formed.
??? ???

Hmmm 1974, I graduate from high school, lot’s of music out that year, I had a strange collection from then.
Buckingham/Nicks joins Mac, Peter Gabriel leaves Genesis, Rundgren forms Utopia was biggest musical advances to me.
Still had my Les Paul Deluxe too!

And DC, that was 4 Sir’s in nTrack 32 bit.

In 1974…we were in mad dog, wild and crazy, can’t keep your hands off, LOVE !!! :O :love: :love:

…and my mother hated it :p

In 2009…we are still in mad dog, wild and crazy, can’t keep your hands off, LOVE LOVE LOVE !!! :O :O :love: :love: :love:

…and mom has gotten used to the idea… :peace:

Quote: (Yaz @ Mar. 04 2009, 3:15 AM)

Hmmm 1974, I graduate from high school, lot's of music out that year, I had a strange collection from then.
Buckingham/Nicks joins Mac, Peter Gabriel leaves Genesis, Rundgren forms Utopia was biggest musical advances to me.
Still had my Les Paul Deluxe too!

And DC, that was 4 Sir's in nTrack 32 bit.

Yup. Gottit Yazzer. But my poor old machine I couldn't run two instances of SIR in a decent size project. I'd end up using n's reverb or something. Now this was mostly in the V5 days and a few tests in V6 until my trial expired.

I'm still riding the fence on whether or not to buy the V6 upgrade. I am most definitely leaning more toward the "not" but we'll see. May not be able to buy anything including FOOD before too long! :)

D

1974… I think I was a baloney sammidge somewhere.

Young impertinent snit! Be gone with thee! :p

D