why is ntrack compressor plugin appearing as demo?

I am a licensed registered user of ntrack v3.3, however everytime I try to use n-tracks built in compressor effect, it appears as a ‘demo’ version. The other n-track effects (chorus,reverb,etc) do not have the problem. Any ideas?

because the compressor is a purchaseable plugin for version 3. if you want the non-demo version of the compressor you need to purchase it, or upgrade to v4.

Prior to version 4, the compressor plug-in was not included in the price of n-Track, and cost extra $$. (And was well worth the extra moeny!) However, beginning with version 4, the compressor was included in the price.

-John
:cool:

So, can’t I just download the demo version of ntrack 4, and copy that compresser.dll into the ntrack 3 plugins folder…or is it not quite that easy????

Quote (lbra73 @ Feb. 18 2005,09:11)
So, can't I just download the demo version of ntrack 4, and copy that compresser.dll into the ntrack 3 plugins folder.....or is it not quite that easy????

Nope, it's not that easy.
The free versions of those plugs are proprietary to version 4 and will still act as demos in previous versions.
If you want to use 3.3 and those plugs, you will need to purchase them separately. I think they are only like $20 each.
Quote (crankz1 @ Feb. 18 2005,10:58)
Quote (lbra73 @ Feb. 18 2005,09:11)
So, can't I just download the demo version of ntrack 4, and copy that compresser.dll into the ntrack 3 plugins folder.....or is it not quite that easy????

Nope, it's not that easy.
The free versions of those plugs are proprietary to version 4 and will still act as demos in previous versions.
If you want to use 3.3 and those plugs, you will need to purchase them separately. I think they are only like $20 each.

I'm not sure Fasoft/Flavio is offering separate plugins anymore. I don't see them for sale separately anywhere on the site. The Fasoft ParEQ and Compressor now seem to be advertised only as part of the N-track package. ???

Tony

FYI, there are alot of other compressor plugs out there, that work inside Ntrack.
I would say do a google and find one, there should be a few free ones on the first search result page.

Not knowing this in 1998 I did pay for the plug. And I’m shure it’s still available for those of us still happy with the older versions.
Just email Flav, and ask, nothin’ to loose right?

jerm

Also, installing V4 and reverting to V3.3 may cause the fasoft paid-for plugins to be reverted to demo. To solve that simply reinstall the paid-for plug-ins the way you did when you got them. Occasionally, even doing that won’t solve the demo problem.

This is one of those things that makes running V3.3 and V4 on the same machine a bit difficult. (I was doing that for a while when I had projects in both).

Flavio sent some steps to be to fix the problem but I seem to have lot the email…sorry. It’s probably some left over registry goo. I actually don’t remember what the steps were of if he also sent an attachment to help.