Why .NET FRAMEWORK???

Why do we have to have .NET FRAMEWORK in order for Ntrack to work? I’ve had experience with .NET Framework & it’s a freaking cpu hogg! Will .NET Framework 3.0 work? because it says it need 2.0 just curious.

Also what version x86 or x64?

Never mind i figured out i have a Windows xp 32 bit which is x86.

I heard it’s free to upgrade to windows xp 64 if you’re running xp 32 bit anybody know if this is true?

I also heard n track runs better on a windows xp 64 bit os

Which is why i wanna use NET FRAMEWORK X64 instead, but can’t since i gotta windows xp 32 bit os.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why do we have to have .NET FRAMEWORK in order for Ntrack to work?

Please refer to the many previous posts on this topic.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Will .NET Framework 3.0 work? because it says it need 2.0 just curious.

No - but .net framework 3.0 and .net framework 2.0 will co-exist happily.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I also heard n track runs better on a windows xp 64 bit os

This is likely to be true, but I haven’t seen anyone on this forum actually confirm this yet.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I heard it’s free to upgrade to windows xp 64 if you’re running xp 32 bit anybody know if this is true?

There was talk of Microsoft offering a cheap upgrade from XP 32 to XP 64 - though I’m not sure if it ever materialised. What I do know is that to move from 32-bit to 64-bit will require a clean install of the O/S - i.e. all apps will have to be re-installed etc.

Ta
John

Don’t know whether N runs better on XP-64 or not but my understanding is that a lot of other programs don’t run on it at all. So if you’re building a dedicated DAW it might be worth a shot, and let us know :) My guess is that all of the software manufacturers have turned their attention to Vista instead of XP 64.

At what point will I have to be able to understand what you guys are talking about, anyway?