Wiki, test worked

It may have been our over looking a math security question guys… but I just tested and posted to the wiki.

Watch for a math question…

Wiki test

Hi Poppa Willis:

I got some mail pointing to a link that you opened a Topic of discussion.
However, when I opened the page it was Blank…
Nothing there… I tried to post to the topic
but I didn’t get a page to open to make the reply…
The header of the reply page should allow me to set fonts
and all…
Could it be that I am not permitted to reply to that discussion ????
I logged on…

Bill…

[EDIT] I recall seeing a “Math Security” question in other topics… but… not this one…

Back Again:

Some parts of the wiki setup works for me on this end…
Other things are unpredictable…
at least for me…
I can remember back in 2005
I post to the wiki and all worked as I understood it to behave…
back then…

Bill…

I just checked it - saw your post

Quote:

I’m seeing things that I don’t fully understand… yet… Still looking…

Bill…

Still checking… Got a math quiz… this time…

Is that all you had posted Bill?

Hi Poppa Willis:

Is there…
OR…
could there be some kind of electronic delay in the submission of the post??
OR… does the contribution of the “Post Edit” happen right-away??

A few days ago I posted to Config’s that work for n-Track…
It took a couple of paragraphs for me to say what I posted…
However, I didn’t answer the math question when I posted…
IT could be why It didn’t get posted…
Who knows
????
Anyway, I was gonna EDIT/add to that topic…

It could very well be better for me to post a couple of decent photos of these machines…
It would take less space…
:laugh:

The boxes are full of outdated junk…

:laugh:

Bill…

Where is the wiki link?

top of this page - n-Track FAQ - then click on wiki index in left menu - I think the FAQ is part of the wiki too.

Hi All on this Thread:

I visited the Wiki/Config. Page again this afternoon…
I re-posted on the Edit Page again very closely to what I posted there the other day… I will re-edit my post at a later date…
I’ll make up a list of the hardware on these machines and then post the list to my contribution on the topic…

I think the wiki page accepted my edit…
:)
BUT…
Did I do the Edit correctly…
????

Bill…

The Wiki is a great idea but it needs us all to contribute for it to be a success (says me, who has contributed little).

If you recall, a few of us set up a Wiki back in 2005 as an experiment on some of my webspace and then Flavio took it over and extended it to what it is now. At the time we realised that the forum was being used to answer the same basic questions over and over again and the idea of the Wiki was to have one answer that folks could be pointed to. We started well but then it seemed to slow down.

We should really push to make the Wiki a great recording resource - more than just about n-track but about the basics of recording on a pc.

A long, long, long time ago I wrote some stuff on the wiki about mixing with headphones. Basically said it was a tricky process and nearfields are the better idea. I left it at that and no one ever offered any more on the subject. I sort of thought the wiki had gone by the wayside.

I will post my specs there. See if it can be kept alive.

cliff

Quote:

We should really push to make the Wiki a great recording resource - more than just about n-track but about the basics of recording on a pc.

I agree Mark... I need time to play with it some more and see what's there and what isn't. We'll have it ship-shape in no time if we all pitch in.