will Digidesign's MBOX2 work with ntrack?

will the MBOX2 work with ntrack

I’m just starting out with ntraack. Like some other folks, I’m having a problem just getting it going. I should be ok after I can record and playback. A quick answer to that question, “will ntrack work with MBOX2” will help for right now. Thanks,

I have a UNO midi interface that’s seems to be accepting the MIDI signal, but I’m not able to record that either right now.

I can hear the piano, but it comes out delayed and I’m just not onboard with this yet. Thanks.

it should, I have used it with similar boxes. :agree:

Quote: (dontcare @ Nov. 04 2013, 1:59 PM)

it should, I have used it with similar boxes.
:agree:

when I try to record i get this 'no audio input seems to be installed or incorrect audio device is selected'.

Then when i go to settings> audio devices I can select 'audio playback' and 'audio recording' devices. When i select the
ASIO Digidesign Driver for each of these. I get a fatal error and it gets automatically reported, etc. There's a button on there that i can then restart ntrack.

What am i doing wrong to get my MBOX2 to work correctly.

I'm also still trying to figure out how to get the MIDI interface to perform properly.

Any help?

Which version of n-Track are you using and which operating system?

MBOX2 and ASIO Digidesign Driver and should works on n-Track.
I have tried these version on Windows 8 and everything seems to be ok:
- v7.0.2 32bit
- v7.0.2 64bit
- v7.0.3 Beta 32bit
- v7.0.3 Beta 64bit

You could also check if you’re using the last version of Digidesing Driver. I use the last version: 9.0.2.65. You can find it at:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Mbox-2-Drivers

Marco

Quote: (marco_N-track @ Nov. 05 2013, 4:19 AM)

Which version of n-Track are you using and which operating system?

MBOX2 and ASIO Digidesign Driver and should works on n-Track.
I have tried these version on Windows 8 and everything seems to be ok:
- v7.0.2 32bit
- v7.0.2 64bit
- v7.0.3 Beta 32bit
- v7.0.3 Beta 64bit

You could also check if you're using the last version of Digidesing Driver. I use the last version: 9.0.2.65. You can find it at:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Mbox-2-Drivers

Marco

Thanks Marco.

When i try to update driver.
Windows says that i already have the optimum driver for that device.

I have Win 7 64bit.
This should be a powerful computer.

It was just built this year.
12g of RAM

I have the latest Ntrack version downloaded from the web.
The 10 day trial version.

Ntrack 7

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1

AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.6 GHz
12.G RAM
64 bit OS

Quote: (truerockmusician @ Nov. 04 2013, 3:57 PM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Nov. 04 2013, 1:59 PM)

it should, I have used it with similar boxes.
:agree:

when I try to record i get this 'no audio input seems to be installed or incorrect audio device is selected'.

Then when i go to settings> audio devices I can select 'audio playback' and 'audio recording' devices.
When i select the
ASIO Digidesign Driver for each of these.
I get a fatal error and it gets automatically reported, etc.
There's a button on there that i can then restart ntrack.

What am i doing wrong to get my MBOX2 to work correctly.

I'm also still trying to figure out how to get the MIDI interface to perform properly.

Any help?

instead of going to settings>audio devices

try clicking the little hammer under the recording or playback VU meter.

what is selected there?

you should have MME, and other drivers available.

there are also possible bit value issues and conflicts marco touched on that could be in play, (for example of the device is set to 24bit and Ntrack is set to 16, along with sample rate differences, eg. 4800, 9200, etc.

but let's just see what you have selected on the hammer first and work from there. :D

truerockmusician,
I analyzed your dump reports and it seems to be a problem in the initialization of ASIO Digidesign Driver.

You could try to:
1) Unistall the ASIO Digidesign Driver from audio driver window that you can find using Windows7 Control Panel.
2) Re-install the last version of the same drivers (you could use the link that I already shared you).
3) Restore n-Track global default settings form Settings->Preferences.
4) Try to select Digidesign Driver again from Settings->Audio Devices.

If this procedure still not works, you can contact us at http://ntrack.com/support.php and we try to give you remote assistance.

Quote: (marco_N-track @ Nov. 06 2013, 4:41 AM)

truerockmusician,
I analyzed your dump reports and it seems to be a problem in the initialization of ASIO Digidesign Driver.

You could try to:
1) Unistall the ASIO Digidesign Driver from audio driver window that you can find using Windows7 Control Panel.
2) Re-install the last version of the same drivers (you could use the link that I already shared you).
3) Restore n-Track global default settings form Settings->Preferences.
4) Try to select Digidesign Driver again from Settings->Audio Devices.

If this procedure still not works, you can contact us at http://ntrack.com/support.php and we try to give you remote assistance.

Marco,

I so appreciate the help.

This is pretty crazy..

I've been sitting on ProTools LE 8 for several years not being able to get it up and running because the computer wasn't good enough. Then I had this monster built. I still couldn't get it running, even after having several 'pros' take it into the shop and try it.

Well, I guess after I updated the drivers that you suggested, I unzipped the ProTools folder and, just for the heck of it, tried it again and it worked.

So, now I actually have the Protools that i paid $400 for years ago up and running.

I suppose I'll work with this for a while.

Ntrack is looking really cool, but I always wanted to get the Protools running.

You're the best!

Thanks,
Rich

You’re welcome, I hope you will continue to follow our updates for n-Track.

Marco