Willie in Concert on his Birthday

Jessica Simpson???

Saw Willie Saturday night at the Greek Theater in L.A. It was his 72nd birthday, so he had several guests join him on stage. The oddest was Jessica Simpson coming on stage, sang a tune with the band then sang him “Happy Birthday”.

####, was she out of place. Bunch of hippie cowboys, then she comes on all gussied up, belting out in her “style”, very out of place.

Found out later she and Willie are working on “Dukes of Hazzard” together. Strang bedfellows. Hey, it’s L.A.

Willie and “Homer” Simpson may sound better together. :D :D :D

“Maybe I should have …DOH!” :D :D

TG

I object to this thread!

It is offensive, profane, and indecorous.

In the UK, “willie/willy” is a synonym for “penis”.

(You ought to have seen the reaction over here when the movie “Free Willy” came out, especially as Michael Jackson was singing the theme song! :laugh: )

Anyway… :angry:

Please abide by the ethos of my culture, or else I’ll complain to teacher who will take your modem away and make you stand in the corner! :blues:

Ali

EDIT: So what’s a “Jessica Simpson” anyway?

Is that the spikey haired kid who plays the sax?

Hmmm, nope, that’s Lisa (with a Z). ???

Is she the one BJ Simpson murdered? (or not, depending).

No, not BJ, that’s a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich isn’t it?

Hmmm, anyone got an American/English dictionary?

Ach well, it’ll all come clear in a few minutes I’m sure. :)

If Willie can to surround himself with sweet young blonde things then all the more power to him I say! I know I would.

Well Ali, Jessica is the one in the middle…

http://movies.about.com/library/weekly/blthedukesofhazzardpicsb.htm

Quote (Ali_T @ May 04 2005,21:17)
I object to this thread!

It is offensive, profane, and indecorous.

In the UK, “willie/willy” is a synonym for “penis”.

Please abide by the ethos of my culture, or else I’ll complain to teacher who will take your modem away and make you stand in the corner!

Somebody needs to lynch this bastard.

As a side note…

Miles Davis once said that Willie Nelson is the greatest singer alive today.

Interesting …

Mike

Miles was right. :)

So…who is going to play Boss Hog? Could get The Boss, but then it’d have to be The Boss Hog, and anyway he’d have to gain weight and lose height.

I wonder if Ali knows anything about the DoH part of US culture? ??? I always wanted a “General Lee.” Wihtout the racist flag on it, of course.

Quote (TomS @ May 05 2005,10:24)
So...who is going to play Boss Hog?

Who is Starring in the Movie?: Johnny Knoxville as Luke, Seann William Scott as Bo, Jessica Simpson as Daisy, Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg, Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse, Lynda Carter as Pauline, M.C. Gainey as Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane, Michael Weston as Enos.

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hog?!?!?! Come on! Is there no decency left in the world?

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

Miles Davis once said that Willie Nelson is the greatest singer alive today

I do love his voice, just his guitar playing I find a little annoying.

<!–QuoteBegin>
If Willie can to surround himself with sweet young blonde things then all the more power to him I say! I know I would.

Absolutely, opening for Willie were two ladies, Susan Tedeski (SP?) who played a mean guitar, and Shelby Lyne, another blonde looker. So Willie can still attract the ladies at 72, I should be so lucky at my age (57).

Yes Tom, we did have Dukes of Hazzard over here.

Although, I’ve only just realised it was fiction. I always thought it was one of those “fly on the wall” documentaries like the Osbornes! :p

But I think I prefer the original Daisy Duke; that one in your picture Willy looks a wee bit scrawny to me. :(

ROFL Jason, but you’d better not. I’m sure some in here won’t understand your reference, and they’ll become even more offended.

You wouldn’t want to be accused of indecorous behaviour would you, and risk being kicked in the macs? (another UK slang synonym. :D )

Quote (DrGuitar @ May 05 2005,08:31)
As a side note…

Miles Davis once said that Willie Nelson is the greatest singer alive today.

Interesting …

Mike

Yes Mike, but Miles also claimed on occasion that he was a choo-choo train.

Sex, drugs and Bebop, whatya gonna do? :cool:

Ali
Quote (Ali_T @ May 05 2005,14:14)
But I think I prefer the original Daisy Duke; that one in your picture Willy looks a wee bit scrawny to me. :(

Catherine Bach -- Hubba Hubba!!! "Bach" in the Dukes days she was a FINE looking thang!

Seen her on TV the other night on a live show....... well,......let's just remember the good ol' days shall we? :)

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

Catherine Bach – Hubba Hubba!!! “Bach” in the Dukes days she was a FINE looking thang!

Seen her on TV the other night on a live show… well,…let’s just remember the good ol’ days shall we?

TG

Yup, some people, especially women, don’t age well.

Unlike me of course. :)

(I just wish that ugly white-haired old fart would get out of my bathroom mirror, so I could have a proper chance to admire myself! :D)

RE: Willie Nelson

Flame suit ON

Never cared much for Wille as a performer. His song writing skills are (without question) excellent. And please, let’s take up a collection and buy the poor dude a decent looking guitar with only ONE gaping hole in the top eh?

My opinion only, YMMV, etc… yada-yada…

TG

Quote (Ali_T @ May 05 2005,14:14)
ROFL Jason, but you'd better not. I'm sure some in here won't understand your reference, and they'll become even more offended.

You wouldn't want to be accused of indecorous behaviour would you, and risk being kicked in the macs? (another UK slang synonym. :D )

Hahahahahahaha. Did you guys ever bury the hatchet after that ordeal?

Jeepers, Ali, I had no idea that we exported so much, and such, crud - Bud and the Duke bros.

So are macs and what would it feel like to get kicked in them? ???

Now Tom. Don’t be knocking ol’ Bo and Luke. I ain’t never worn out the door handles on any of my automobiles thanks to them! :D

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

Jeepers, Ali, I had no idea that we exported so much, and such, crud - Bud and the Duke bros

:)

Tom, you’d be surprised by the ammount of crud that South Africa buys from the US.
And old stuff as well.

At least its getting better nowadays.

W.