Windows installer 3.0

I’m trying to install Ntrack 4.1(up from 3.3)on my DAW,which is not an online machine.The install wanted .Net Framework,which I D/L’d and burned to CD to install on my DAW.When I tried to install .Net Framework,it wanted Windows Installer 3.0.I went to D/l that and Microsoft wants validation that I have a legit copy of Windows(which I do,I activated it over the phone when I upgraded to XP(sp1).Is there a way to accomplish this validation w/o hooking up to the web,which would be a major pain in the ass?

.NET 2.0 is still in Beta so you won’t be able to get a CD from MS. Until then, you’re stuck getting it online. When I installed it, I just downloaded it from MS, i.e., I didn’t use the installer.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 25 2005,10:08)
.NET 2.0 is still in Beta so you won't be able to get a CD from MS. Until then, you're stuck getting it online. When I installed it, I just downloaded it from MS, i.e., I didn't use the installer.

You misunderstand!I d/l'd .Net on my online comp and burned the .exe to to CD.My DAW computer is asking for Installer 3.0 when I try to install .Net.Microsoft wont just let you d/l Installer 3.0,they need you to prove you're not ripping them off!I'm wondering if anyone know a way to do this w/o putting my DAW online.
I probably should be asking this of Microsoft,huh!

That’s a different upgrade that needs to be done before installing .NET. You probably have Windows Installer 2.0 on the machine.

Windows Installer 3.1

You may have to be online temporally. Some downloads from Microsoft have a check before downloading that checks for a legitimate copy of Windows. That doesn’t block installing. It blocks downloading the file only. Since at that point you are online there is no reason not to do the check, unless you are running a pirated copy of Windows. The download may not be completely blocked. There is a “download without checking” option for most DL files, though not all (security patches for Windows for example).

I got it dl’d,somehow and got 4.1 installed.Trying to play back projects Made on 3.3 is causing my system(a modest 1 ghz Duron w/512 ddr)to bog badly!I restored windows to my 3.3 config.Not discouraged,though!One of these days I’ll get to the point where I can use ver.4!At least I’ll have all this stuff on CD!
Thanks for the help!