won't record in ver 4 demo???

ok, i’m recording on one track only just for 10 to 20 second bursts for testing. uhhhhh, well i’m trying to. i use Asio drivers on record and playback. before i deleted 3.3 Asio drivers worked there. is there anything i can check to get N-track to record? besides the obvious?

till then—awaiting my upgrade registration codes…

so what actually happens when you press record?

Quote (XonXoff @ July 27 2006,02:26)
so what actually happens when you press record?

ok—i’m freshly registered on ver 4.4. I am running a cheepo computer mike into my mike input on my Asus motherboard. like i did with ver 3.3. Mainly for quick inspiration capture.

I am choosing ASIO drivers in preferences. they are the only one’s that make my vu levels go up and down. although when i test the mike, or try to record----there is no signal going into the recorded track. just a hum. so i USED my OTHER cheepo headsphone/mike gaming setup. BUT it won’t record anything i say into it—either.

then—as Flavio suggested before, i changed everything back to default—nada. all my windows settings are good and set at the right volumes.

I can’t record through the windows recorder in winxp either…weird! last week i was good, this week it sucks. i don’t go in and change settings on anything at all usually.

i guess i’ll go look for updated drivers for my motherboard—being as the soundcard is built in. being an old school multitrack recorder, I always have had trouble recording with computers.

I am gonna buy a harddisk 16 track recorder when i can afford it. that way i’ll record to it and import the tracks to my computer. at least i DO KNOW how to import wav files into Ntrack —if nothing else…arrrgh :(

When n- track records does it create a wav file in the timeline?
If not then you might have it set to record midi and not audio…

If so bu the wav file is blank you may not have armed the right input?
BUT if you can’t record with windows sound recorder then it sounds like your soundcard is either not installed properly or you may have disabled or tuned the gain down on the mic input in your soundcards control panel

Rich

<!–QuoteBegin>

I can’t record through the windows recorder in winxp either

Yep, what Rich says.

You probably need to get familiar with the Windows mixer - note that there are two mixers in one - the RECORDING mixer and the PLAYBACK mixer. Just 'cos you can hear it doesn’t mean it’s going to be recorded.
Quote (XonXoff @ July 28 2006,05:06)
I can't record through the windows recorder in winxp either

Yep, what Rich says.

You probably need to get familiar with the Windows mixer - note that there are two mixers in one - the RECORDING mixer and the PLAYBACK mixer. Just 'cos you can hear it doesn't mean it's going to be recorded.
yea i hear ya, that's some of the obvious fix's. but i've found out in the past i've overlooked--"obvious" before. did i say i hate recording with computers? :D

sorry to say it but i am a IBM Desktop support tech---for my real job. but when it comes to computer audio engineering, i am the biggest dumbass in the world.

i need to put my Audiophile 24/96 card in this computer and run the latest drivers......but man i just don't have room to hardly turn around in my tee-ninecy pad. [as he grumbles on] :angry: