Working with an 8 channel adat input

8 channel simaltaneous recording

I’m going to be building a new DAW system and I’m going to be using a VSL 2020 (2 adat inputs) and and a behringer ADA8000 8 channel input to adat via light pipe.

Has anyone ever recorded in a simlar manner & recording all 8 independent channels simaltaneosly using ntrack?

Yep. I use a Gina24 as the ADAT input for the Behringer. Works great for me, onced I figured out the correct devices to select in n-Tracks preferences to get 24 bits working.

cool, just to make shure, you have been able to record 8 independent mono tracks at once?

They show up as 4 stereo pairs, which you set to record stereo->two mono tracks, and you can enable/disable them in the VU panels with a leftclick on the red button.

Quote (studiofat @ July 28 2005,01:36)
cool, just to make shure, you have been able to record 8 independent mono tracks at once?

Yep. I can do 10 tracks with my MOTU.

I have recorded 16 simultaneous tracks with an EMU 1820M via mic/line analog inputs plus 8 digital ADAT inputs. No problems. IF you use the ASIO driver for your soundcard (as Willy already mentioned) they will show up in your host (n-Track) as stereo pairs. Use the Record Vu meters “Hammer” icon and select “Stereo to two mono tracks” for each pair and you are set.

TG

I owned a vsl2020 and an ada8000 and it works great. you can even record the s/pdif simultaneously I think, for a total of 18 digital ins. I don’t remember if the analogue inputs work at the same time as the s/pdif though.