Wow... wow... WOW...

Been revisitng some DVD’s

After a day of h#!! on earth at work… I decided to chill by checking out some DVD’s…

Popped in my favorite band of all time’s DVD: “RUSH in Rio”.

RUSH playing to 60,000 fans in a big soccer stadium. I repeat… WOW. Those guys are soooo good. They must be aliens from another galaxy.

I really want to see them live while they and I are still living. Have to wait for the next tour and hope…

D

PS Did I mention how good they are? Musician’s musicians… these cats are freakin’ AMAZING…

yeah. they played an R30 concert in Frankfurt and the rush in rio back to back on vh1-classic a few times, which i was able to catch. loved 'em both, but i think rush in rio more.

actually, a sports radio station i was listening to played ‘anthem’ during one of the bumpers, so i figured i’d put it on when i got home and play along. yeah. especially 'cuz i never did learn the bass parts in the verses. and i wasn’t about to be able to just pick it out in real time today. yeah. and sing. yeah.

Saw them one time - What really struck me about them is that they were each playing their parts - but they seemed to be off in their own song, yet somehow it all fit together just perfectly. Hard to describe. But wow is right.

Saw them over here in Blighty not long back on the Sankes and Arrows tour. First time I’d seen them. Man they were incredible. They always produce great looking and sounding DVD’s too. The new release from the S & A tour is the best looking and sounding live DVD I’ve EVER heard.

On another note, last summer, I ventured over to Toronto and stayed with a muso friend of mine, and we caught Boston live with their new singers, Tommy DeCarlo and Michael Sweet. Jeez, what a show. Tom Scholz is one of my biggest influences, and man, can he play! That was the best sounding gig I’ve ever attended, the Rush show included. Loud but SO well balanced and not ear-splitting. The guitar and vocal harmonies from all those records were meticulously produced with not a single sample or backing tape. Anyone else catch them?