You answer

Finished :slight_smile:

I don’t know if any of you remember, but a while ago I had an amazing experience at church…

Quote:

‘The lord of song’

anyhoo…I wrote a song and I passed on the files to Poppa and he has come up with this…

'You Answer

Thank you Poppa

Ange x

Great song Ange - was my pleasure.
My goosebumps got goosebumps. :agree:

Some nice little subtle things are all through it. what a joy!

And it only took me two months!
:whistle:

Listening now as I’m typing. Beautiful piece,inspired writing and really nicely put together. Voices are just wonderful. Like the layering and harmonies. Production is great. Would need to listen a lot of times to pick up all the subtleties in this. The slightly military feel to the drums towards the end is a wonderful touch Poppa.
Well done both…slightly overawed listening to this!

Ain’t Poppa the best? !!!

Nice tune there Ange :agree:

Really nice Ange. I like it a lot.

If there’s any nit-picking to be done… back off the effects on the lead vocal just a tad? Keep it as is during the harmonies but by backing it off just a smidge during the rest it would make the vocal just a tad more “intimate”. IMO, YMMV etc etc… Just a personal nit-pick. shrug

Great job! :agree:

D

You and Rob both - I’m gonna send you both a box of nits!

The delay was a bit high in Reaverb - I backed it down a bit (almost nil on new version.

What bothered me after a few fresh listens was the intro - was just too ‘sudden’ feeling to me so I mixed an intro and cut it to the front. It’s a lot better now. Ange will probly post a new mix later.

(picky picky picky)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 25 2009, 7:46 PM)

You and Rob both - I'm gonna send you both a box of nits!

The delay was a bit high in Reaverb - I backed it down a bit (almost nil on new version.

What bothered me after a few fresh listens was the intro - was just too 'sudden' feeling to me so I mixed an intro and cut it to the front. It's a lot better now. Ange will probly post a new mix later.

(picky picky picky)

LOL...

That's why I never post my stuff. I never quit pickin' on it. As a matter of fact I consider the songs I write/record pure rubbish. :heart-break:

No need to send nits... I GOTS PA-LEN-TAY! :laugh:

D

Nice, very very nice! :agree:

Stoopid stoopid board, no edit.

Maybe roll off some highs in ReaVerb would soften the sound a little Poppa! Not saying it was too much, just a little harsh maybe?
I dunno, all this tech stuff can give ya a migraine! :)

Still a great song, performance, and production. (Poppa is da man for sure!) :agree:

Darn y’all with your downloads :laugh: any chance of streamin this beautie?

There’s some beautiful vocal tracks going on there ange…
I think the VerB is great… just take some EdGe off the hi-end of the verb to bring the siblence out some… OR… just leave well-enough alone… Sounds O.K. the way-it-is…

Bill…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 25 2009, 7:46 PM)

You and Rob both - I'm gonna send you both a box of nits!

What bothered me after a few fresh listens was the intro - was just too 'sudden' feeling to me so I mixed an intro and cut it to the front. It's a lot better now. Ange will probly post a new mix later.

(picky picky picky)

:D Hats off Popps...I really wasn't sure it could be better than it was already but this is amazing. Thank you soo much.

I've changed the original link to the new take... here it is again anyhoo...

'You Answer'

Bless you all for your sweet words.

Ange x

nice song: pro=7