You asked for it Tom!

Notting Hillbillies cover

I don’t post much music here, as I’m something of a fraud in this forum (and have thought about dropping out many times, but I like it here). I’m just someone who loves music, can sing a bit and loves recording with n-Track. As a result I rely on musician friends to play the instruments for me to warble over.
This was recorded last week, half in Cubase and half in n-Track. The vox are me the backing is a friend of mine called Richard.
For the guitar freaks, the acoustic is a Fender and the lead break at the end is a Variax.
Cheers,
Ian

Feel Like Going Home

That’s great, Bruffie. Love the guitars. Even the variax. What did you use for the plate sound on your voice?

Eyup!

Nice one mate.
Has a feel of a Clapton song from Pilgrim, "River of Tears"
Some good breath control from you as well. You must have been practising :)

Steve

Quote (TomS @ April 22 2007,18:22)
That's great, Bruffie. Love the guitars. Even the variax. What did you use for the plate sound on your voice?

Thanks Tom,

I use Kjaerhus classic reverb, one of the presets with a little tweaking. The mic is a simple Sure PG58, not really a recording mic but seems to suit my voice ok.
Cheers,

Ian.
Quote (Beefy Steve @ April 23 2007,00:05)
Some good breath control from you as well. You must have been practising :)

Steve

Eyup Beefy,

You know I never practice and you know I'm too lazy to do more than 2 takes :)
Actually, this was the second take, but only cos I had a background buzz on the 1st :)

Ian

Doesn’t sound fraudulent to me at all. I enjoyed listening. Keep 'em coming :)

I like the way this song builds, and the way your vox sit in the mix.

Thanks Hotdog,
I get a little phased by the amount of talented musicians on here sometimes. Basically, I just enjoy singing and recording. Fortunately I know some talented musicians to work with :)

Interesting comment about my vox in the mix. When I first started recording, I used to try and bury my voice in the mix. Now I’m probably guilty of the opposite :)

Cheers,
Ian