You folks are not posting enough

so you will suffer

Haven’t done anything worth anything in the last two weeks, so tell me if you like this one - “She Was All” from the CD “The Buddha Is A Shit Stick” from a few years ago when I thought I could play guitar. :)

Go click on “She Was All” under music

Tom, I have noticed for years that posts in a lot of forums lessen greatly in the springtime…

I’m off to throw a frisbee!

'til later;
tw

Not springtime here. 26 degree F and snowing a tiny bit. :(

Maybe everyone’s busy with some holiday or other - perhaps because it’s International Guitar Month!

International Guitar Month Events

Here is one I am working on:

Keep Tryin

The drummer is ironing out the his parts now…the rest is just scratch tracks till the studio.
I would have eventually posted my own thread with a few new ones, but cannot bear the thought of them slipping off the page without a single comment like my last bunch.
Alas such a reoccurring event would be more than my fragile ego could withstand.
Since you would probably be the only one to listen to them anyway or say anything I give you one of them now.

keep shinin’

jerm :)

Bigger drums, more guitar on the choruses! :)

Kind of an angry, dark song there. What do you plan to do with it next?

Sorry Tom, I really would like to listen to other folk’s music, and be able to post my own…but when you’re on slow and limited duration dial-up, it just ain’t practicable. :(

Quote (TomS @ April 09 2007,13:41)
Bigger drums, more guitar on the choruses! :)

Kind of an angry, dark song there. What do you plan to do with it next?

I thought so too....

I had no intention of it being so dark and angry, I just can't seem to get the drummer to be "happy" and funk with it.
I was going for a beat more like "Keep on Dancin" by Gwen Stefani/No Doubt. (at least for the verses)

Originally it was much funkier, (with a diff. drummer) but for some reason this guy thinks I am going for heavy and dark I guess. (he did "The Cross" as well which actually worked out good for the dark style.
That is part of the problem with internet collabs, the communication.
And it does not help that he lost all of my notes to the drum ideas when he had a hardrive die, so I did not have a chance to re-send those ideas to him.

I can't comment on the mix too much since I just did a flat mix of my tracks and the drummer did this mix by adding his to mine. His finished tracks will be the only ones remaining since the rest are scratches.

The song will be on the upcoming CD, and I may do the drums over in the studio if a can't get all the parts "funky" enough to not be "dark" as you say.....

Thanks for the feedback,

keep shinin'

Quote (TomS @ April 07 2007,19:07)
Haven't done anything worth anything in the last two weeks, so tell me if you like this one - "She Was All" from the CD "The Buddha Is A Shit Stick" from a few years ago when I thought I could play guitar. :)

Go click on "She Was All" under music

Eyup!

I like it Tom.
Sounded better when I got the joss sticks and the oil wheel out though :D

Just goin to get the Kaftan out of the wardrobe....

Steve

PS to Jerm, I tried to listen to your tune but I kept getting a network error. Will try later
Quote (Guest @ April 09 2007,15:08)
Sorry Tom, I really would like to listen to other folk's music, and be able to post my own.......but when you're on slow and limited duration dial-up, it just ain't practicable. :(

Well, I did the dial up thing until just a few months ago. 15 mins for an mp3 to upload or download. It can be done. It's just annoying. But I'd like to hear some of your stuff. :D

Hey Tom, guys… I managed to sequence a beat with FL,

It’s short, but the idea is there…
I gave it to the drummer hopefully this will help make it “brighter”! :)

Keeptryin Drum Samp

Here’s another one I’m workin on…

The Cross (revised)

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

I spent the easter holiday moving myself, my girlfriend, our two pianos and my/our studio into our new apartment. The studio is still waiting to be unpacked, as I had to finish putting wallpaper on the walls of our new bedroom, so the bed is temporarily situated in the studio-to-be… - It will be good…

regards, Nils

Hi Nils K:
That’ll keep you busy… :O ??? There’s a lot of work there… Start’in all over again… ???

Bill…

Quote (Nils K @ April 10 2007,01:30)
I spent the easter holiday moving myself, my girlfriend, our two pianos and my/our studio into our new apartment. The studio is still waiting to be unpacked, as I had to finish putting wallpaper on the walls of our new bedroom, so the bed is temporarily situated in the studio-to-be... - It will be good...

regards, Nils

Hmm. Wallpaper or set up the equipment...wallpaper or set up the equipment...I dunno, seems like it's obvious which to do first...

Of course, that's why so much of our house is shambalized.

Jeremy, you know, there is sort of a…theme…is that the correct word?..to your music. :D

Your revision is coming alone nicely. Bigger drums!

Sorry… I’m being Smart here… :O :laugh: :p

What is the acoustic properties of a good wallpaper job?

Get them mics setup and get them tracks on the Hard drive… It seems to me you had such a nice setup going, there… before you moved…

[edit] The wallpaper will eventually Happen… in Good-Time…

Has anyone heard the saying? Moving causes musicians to Age?..

Bill…

Quote (TomS @ April 10 2007,07:52)
Jeremy, you know, there is sort of a...theme...is that the correct word?...to your music. :D

Your revision is coming alone nicely. Bigger drums!

Well these songs are all going on a for lack of a better word "Christian Rock" album.
I will be doing a secular one as well eventually.
However the "theme" for this one is not ALL singular, some of it is of a higher "criticism" and "spiritual evaluation" theme with social and economical references ...some real dust in the wind, woven in the wind stuff...will post when it gets closer to completion since many of the ideas and open minded theologies were spawned here.(at least for me)
I think the theme is more towards personal sacrifice than towards embellishing the Hellenistic influence of the salvific function in regards to the story of Yeshau.

I am hoping that tempo for the verses(well I know the tempo technically is the same 120bpm, but will use the term loosely)will make the song more "brighter' and "happier/funkier)

Thanks for the support/feedback and consider yourself an official member of my focus group, since I am low budget and don't have one supplied by a label. lol

keep shinin'

Goodness, I think you ought to look for a younger focus group. :D

Quote (TomS @ April 11 2007,19:22)
Goodness, I think you ought to look for a younger focus group. :D

Are you kidding?

Have you heard any of what the kids are calling music these days?

I mean screamo? emo? finding nemo?

A bunch of songs with out of pitch and key singing lack of a real beat with intermediate screaming.
At least the screaming is a welcome break to the out of pitch and key singing.

Older people here grew up with good music like classic 70’s punk, New Age and Funk and have a much better idea of what is “good”.

keep shinin’

jerm

:cool:

Dang, Jeremy, I couldn’t agree more. What’s happened to music in the last 15 or 20 years? ???