Your next PC could be an Apple......

with an Intel Inside sticker…

Interestings news HERE.

Hmmmm… and MS was feared for monopoly?

TG

is motorola still making the processors for apple?.. obviously, i haven’t read the article…

your next pc SHOULD be an apple! :wink:
:D

Quote (idover @ June 06 2005,16:44)
is motorola still making the processors for apple?... obviously, i haven't read the article...

By moving to Intel chips, Apple is abandoning the so-called PowerPC architecture that it developed with IBM Corp. and Motorola Inc. in the early 1990s.

From the article linked.........

TG

Quote (clark_griswold @ June 06 2005,17:12)
your next pc SHOULD be an apple! :wink:

It would be if I could just get my wife to;

A. Become a hooker/stripper.
B. Let me sell one of her kidneys.
C. Let me sell one of the kids.
D: knowing Apple software writers… ALL of the above!

:D :D

TG

have your wife send me a resume :D

Quote (gtr4him @ June 06 2005,17:19)
Quote (clark_griswold @ June 06 2005,17:12)
your next pc SHOULD be an apple! ;)

It would be if I could just get my wife to;

A. Become a hooker/stripper.
B. Let me sell one of her kidneys.
C. Let me sell one of the kids.
D: knowing Apple software writers... ALL of the above!

:D :D

TG

i think the mac mini decimated that excuse, no?

sure it's not your high ender, but to get in the mac game, it's the thing. we use them as ichat machines and they are stellar.

I have my eye on a Mini. When I can spare some change, I want to check one out. I know basically nothing about OSX so it will be fun to learn a new thang!

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

I know basically nothing about OSX so it will be fun to learn a new thang!

just check out bsd or some linux distro: http://linuxiso.org … as far as i know, osx is using a bsd kernel… although the window interface in osx is great… gnome and kde are very attractive as well… suse linux is a favorite, as is red hat (now the fedora project)…

there is some application out there that is pissing off apple because it allows you to run an osx installation within windows… can’t recall the name now, though… it may from the same group who produced wine…

nerds rule!
isaac

I read an article the other day about the new Xbox 360. At the E3 conference they were running it off of two G5s. Pretty funny for Microsoft to need Apple’s processing power and stability to run their gear.

I’m lusting after a Mac, the only thing stopping me is the fact that I’d have to rebuy a lot of software.