2574 Crash on exit.

Hi. n-T 2574 Crashes when closing it but only after I have worked on a track and saved it - never if open a track/song and emediately exit.
Also, a few midi glitches whith visual sync of copied/pasted parts in relation to timeline and piano roll.
Anyone else?
Cheers.

PS. What’s this Bugzilla bollox about? I haven’t got the spizz to do puzzle!?

Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 03 2010, 5:02 PM)

Hi. n-T 2574 Crashes when closing it but only after I have worked on a track and saved it - never if open a track/song and emediately exit.
Also, a few midi glitches whith visual sync of copied/pasted parts in relation to timeline and piano roll.
Anyone else?
Cheers.

PS. What's this Bugzilla bollox about? I haven't got the spizz to do puzzle!?

Tony,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Does the track you work on have any effects? Please try to reinstall the program, and when launching n-Track after the installation please answer "No" when the program asks you if you want to keep existing settings, so that the default settings will be restored.

If the problem persists, the program should after crashing automatically send an error report. Please click on 'Report error' button in the dialog box that pops-up during the sending of the error report and fill the report with your info so that I can associate the report with your name and email address. I'll then examine the report and let you know if I can find what is causing the problem.

Flavio.

Flavio.

Thanks for cross-checking. I haven’t had time to catch-up with it yet. Hopefully later today.

Hi. Still crashing on exiting or opening other projects. Also, I cant use nVocal without midi track/instruments swapping places on start/stop.

Anyone else?

Cheers.

Hi TonyR and Flavio:

The day b2588 got posted I updated to build 2588 from 2574…
On this machine… OR… was it installed on the DJ XP Studio Machine ????.. I can’t remember… ???

Unexplained crashes began on b2588…
I think the crash sent one .dmp file…
Anyway, I attempted to play around with the build to see if may have been something I might have caused… Then it began to bring down the Operating System… I couldn’t discover anything that would fix the matter…
I did notice that while the timeline was playing a single stereo track that the n-Track CPU Usage went up from the .3% standard to 1.9% OR so…

I reverted back to b2574 and all-was-well OR back-to-normal, operation…

I am still at b2574 on the Studio Machines…

However,…
Looking back at the matter, I may have not set some “Normal Configurations” that I would normally have setup…

Every time I download-and-update a build, I usually click the NO box upon opening/launching a new build and reconfigure the n-Track setup from scratch, as I would usually set n-Track for how I use it…

I think, over the next few days, I will re-install b2588 and give it another GO…

Bill…

I’m back at the latest build “b2599” again…
Everything is “the issues” I had with b2588 are not present anymore…

It may have been a “configure issue”

:)
???
:p

Normally, I revert to “Default” everytime I install/update builds… I check the “NO” box when I finish the install…

Bill…

Fixed:-) Found the last few remnants of broken plugs by scrupulously cross ref’ing the prg>nT>vst folder and the vst scan log folder. I then tortured them mercylessly before finally deleting the little frickers.
Thanks all.

Hi folks. 2599 and still crashing. It’s definitely down to one song/project and not n-Track. Once this track is open I can’t open another project wihout n freezing. This track has had umpteen rebuilds, all peak files removed, a bespoke build from Flavio, all midi tracks re-recorded, several reiki sessions and a punch in the face.
I can live with it but can anyone think of any culprits that might be screwing things?
Cheers.

Hi TonyR:

Have you buy any chance imported any other earlier projects into b2599 to see how they behave with the build?
Wrong question…
I see that you have… After you close the problem project OR open a new project …
that’s when the fault appears or when the crash appears, and no .dmp file is created?

Have you ever done a cont-alt-delete to open the task manager?
to see what tasks-and-apps are running?..
before or after the crash?

I’m just wondering what clues might show up in there that could shed some light on this…
????

Bill…

p.s. b2599 is working so nice over here…
Well, for my setup, anyway…

so-far-so-good

I’m with you Bill. I have my daw more or less locked down to n-T. I’ve even run ‘end-it-all’.

Hi TonyR:
I know you’re way ahead of me… I was just checking… :p Details… :) :laugh: End-It-All… :) Know-It-Well… :laugh:

Bill…

You’re messin’ with me Bill. I was the one facing the wrong way in class :laugh:

I would liked to have continued on in school and learned more about Numbers-and-Letters…
:)
:p
:laugh:

At one school they told me I’d never grasp what I needed to continue and told me not to waste their time and efforts, on me…

That’s when I decided to take up music…
That didn’t last, either…
:(

Bill…

You made the right move Bill. There isn’t an excess of guys in this world who can build a mic in their coffee break while creating a studio from scratch.

This week I’ve been working on eliminating ground loops and interference on some of the audio lines and runs… Today, I hope to work on the in-and-out lines between the DJ Desk and the Hill Desks, with regard to ground loops in the runs…

There’s not much going on to show in photos…

Non-working studios are mostly technical works-in-progress…

I’d really like to learn how to complete the construction…

Maybe, one day I’ll learn how that’s done…

I’m frightened that one day I’ll get into a tracking session and I’ll discover that my computers will stop working (as good as they’re working now) and need to be updated… However, I’ve never been able to LAN the computers together, without some type of issue… Maybe, I should get busy and work on that issue…

Bill…