4.0.4 - gaps in playback?

Hi guys

I have a session where a wav file (vocal track) mutes out in 2 spots druing playback. HOWEVER when I zoom in on the section it plays back fine. If I freeze the track it freezes WITH THE MUTED GAP THERE. Same with mixdown… all this even though the wav shows up fine and sometimes plays back.

I’ve been looking through a bit of the forum but can’t find anythign related to this…

Any ideas…

AHA! Fixed it… ignore a newbie poster.
Cheers

no problem. that’s what we’re here for! :D

score another one for ME!!

What was it? There’s other newbies that might benefit.

By the way: If you can hear something when zoomed in and can’t when zoomed out, and nothing has changed but zoom level then there’s a legitimate bug in there that Flavio might be interested in.

:p
I had a demo compressor on the track and it was muting the output even though the plugin was bypassed.

Removing the effect fixed it. I guess I have to re-register that plugin now that I've upgraded to 4.x.x ?
:p
I had a demo compressor on the track and it was muting the output even though the plugin was bypassed.

Removing the effect fixed it. I guess I have to re-register that plugin now that I've upgraded to 4.x.x ?

Ah! That makes sense. When zoomed in you were probably playing a small enough section that the muting didn’t have time to occur. I bet that was strange. :)

The FASoft Compressor comes free with V4, so you shouldn’t have to reregister it, if that’s the one you mean. Installing V4 can cause the demo version to reappear in V3 though if it was previously registered. I had that problem when I was working with projects in both V3 and V4 at the same time…it’s a pain to switch back and forth. Yes, reregistering is the way to go, though at some point I was able to screw up the registration to the point that reregistering didn’t work any more. Flavio helped me out of that corner (lost the email unfortunately, but I’m 100% away from V3.3 now).

The free FASoft Compressor does not replace the paid for version though. The free one can’t be used in other apps. I don’t know what the solution there is…maybe reregistering, just as getting it working in V3 again.

I had the old paid version but it shows up as a demo in V4. I’m not using V3 at all.
I still have the reg file on my hard drive though so I’ll try that out.