96k 24 bit in V8

Unable to set 96k 24 bit in V8

Hi,
Just upgraded to v8 as v7 would not accept 24/96. V8 still does not. I have a Focusrite 2i2 interface which works flawlessly at these rates in Reaper and Audition. Very disappointing that this has not been addressed in V8. I have used N-Track since the beginning but am really struggling now to justify continuing.
The new GUI I must say looks like it has been designed for a tablet. Not a good look on a PC. Just having a play for now but already some bugs apart from the interface settting. ie: Skins don’t load. Also program keeps asking for admin rights even though I have opened it as admin. Seems to be random but I’ll keep on plugging and see if I can pin it down. But it’s not looking great. I really don’t enjoy debugging a program that I have paid for.

Hhmm!? I’ve had to back-off from 8 until the midi is fixed.

Right. Haven’t got around to midi yet. :slight_smile:

…in general terms, or, not yet in n8?

Not yet in V8. To be honest I have been using Reaper more and more and really don’t have the inclination to debug the new version of N_Track. I will persevere as time permits though as I have been using N_Track for a long long time, mainly for audio recording and only occasional midi (drums). Maybe I’ll wait until a few more releases have been made although I don’t think any software should have been released in the state that this has been with important bits not working or not working properly.

Quote: (deejaybee @ Jul. 25 2016, 11:36 AM)

Hi,
Just upgraded to v8 as v7 would not accept 24/96. V8 still does not. I have a Focusrite 2i2 interface which works flawlessly at these rates in Reaper and Audition. Very disappointing that this has not been addressed in V8. I have used N-Track since the beginning but am really struggling now to justify continuing.

The new GUI I must say looks like it has been designed for a tablet. Not a good look on a PC. Just having a play for now but already some bugs apart from the interface settting. ie: Skins don't load. Also program keeps asking for admin rights even though I have opened it as admin.
Seems to be random but I'll keep on plugging and see if I can pin it down. But it's not looking great.
I really don't enjoy debugging a program that I have paid for.

What do you mean when you say that n-Track doesn't accept 24/96? What kind of audio drivers did you select? Try with Asio drivers. We have a Focusrite 18i20 that we regularly test n-Track with and works flawlessly at 24/96.
Please include the full text of any error message reported by n-Track.
Skins made for previous versions of n-Track are not compatible with version 8.
I'm not sure if I understand the issue abot admin rights. n-Track normally works perfectly when run as a regular user. Why do you run it as admin? When do you exactly get the prompts to run as admin? Could it be that they come from a 3rd party plugin that needs admin rights for some kind of copy protection mechanism?

Flavio.

I am using the current Focusrite asio usb drivers. No problems at 44.1/24 or 48/24. At 96/24 the program either locks up or reverts to 44.1/24. No error messages are generated.The same drivers work flawlessly in Reaper and Audition.
I would have assumed that the skins supplied with V8 would work with V8. I am just trying to install the skins that come up in the menu. Nothing changes.
The admin rights issues is strange. I of course started using it without starting it with admin rights but seemingly at random it would tell me that it needed admin rights to do this or that. I then started using it by starting with admin rights but it makes no difference. I am not using any third party plugins at this point. I am just running the program on its own to test it out I have not tried to do anything serious with it yet as I am not confident of its stability
I am running Win8.1 on an i7 PC with 16gb memory. I am not a newbie. At this point I don’t really wish to be getting into debugging the program. It should just work. Your competition just works.

OK. I’ve just tried Asio4All instead of the Focusrite drivers. It does work at 96/24. Looks like a work around until this is sorted.

OK. Some more. I can run 96/24 with Asio4All. If I then switch to the Focusrite drivers I can now run 96/24. I then removed the Asio4All driver completely from the system and the Focusrite drivers again don’t work at 96/24 as before. I put the Asio4All drivers back on the system and set V8 to use them. I can use 96/24 again. Then if I switch again to the Focusrite drivers I can run 96/24. Summary I can run 96/24 with the Focusrite ASIO drivers only when I have Asio4All installed. I’ll think I will leave this to someone else to sort. :slight_smile: Too weird for me.

Deejay Bee,

perhaps the problem may be related to some setting in the Focusrite control panel that Asio4all overrides!?
We just re-tested all of our test devices that are capable of 24/96 and all worked without issues.

The Admin thing is quite strange. This is the 1st time I hear something like that. n-Track is a single process and usually the Admin prompt comes out when launching a new process. The only processes that n-Track launches are the VST scan and nBridge (for each effect that is run bridged), and none of them is flagged to run Admin only. Applications can request Admin rights while running, but they need to do certain procedures to do that, n-Track doesn’t and never did that. Perhaps if you could send some screenshots I could try to guess what’s causing the prompt. Most likely it’s coming from something external of n-Track like a plugin or Windows explorer shell extension (e.g. Dropbox or similar), anti-virus or something like that.

I’ve checked the default skins installed with v8 and they indeed no longer change much of the app colors.
In the next update we’ll remove the outdated ones and will add one with a light color theme.

Cheers,
Flavio.

Thanks for that Flavio,
One thing has occurred to me. You said you had an 18i20 interface. Can you tell me what Focusrite drivers you are using. The latest I have and installed is 2.5.128.1 which I have just downloaded again from Focusrite. If you are using an earlier driver maybe that is the issue, maybe something has changed in the drivers. If you are using an earlier driver would it be possible to email a copy? Also, when time permits I may install V8 on another computer here just to see how it performs.
Cheers,
David.

ISSUE RESOLVED!!
Hi Flavio,

All issues have been resolved with a surprise culprit. This morning Windows Defender had switched itself off and I could not get it going. I could not update the definitions either. I could do a scan which came up clean. I went through all the usual procedures and then did a deep scan with a third party (McAfee) stand alone scanner and came up with nothing. I had had this issue with Windows update failing quite a while ago and then it did fix itself. In frustration I purchased the full McAfee package and installed it and did a complete scan which came up clean, in the process disabling Windows Defender. Windows update now also working.
Your progam now runs without any apparent issues at all on the Focusrite 2i2, 96/24 is running beautifully. I have now tested it also on my Tascam 16x08 and my Tascam US-1640 at 96/24 with absolutely no issues.
So it’s now back in business. But something that might be taken notice of for future reference. Windows Defender the culprit.
Any’ow,
Cheers,
David.

CoOol.