A Friday Twofer Fest

Listen!

Two songs recorded today, here they are, warts and all. The first, “The World Is Crashing Down Around Me” was written and recorded today. The second, “Another Song About the Rain” I wrote about 10 years ago, and I had a bit of extra time so I redid it. Unfortunately, it’s hard to hear the farfisa in the mix, so I might redo it.

Here:

Two New Recordings here. :D

Bump

LISTEN DARN YOU LISTEN!

:D

Eyup!

Ok, ok, I’m listening! :D

Of the two, I preferred “Rain” that is, except the snare sound.
Kind of sounds like someone spitting into a cardboard box :)

Love the guitar sound though :cool:

Steve

Quote (TomS @ April 20 2007,17:34)
Two songs recorded today, here they are, warts and all. The first, "The World Is Crashing Down Around Me" was written and recorded today. The second, "Another Song About the Rain" I wrote about 10 years ago, and I had a bit of extra time so I redid it. Unfortunately, it's hard to hear the farfisa in the mix, so I might redo it.

Here:

Two New Recordings here. :D

Two songs recorded today, here they are, warts and all. The first, "The World Is Crashing Down Around Me" was written and recorded today. The second, "Another Song About the Rain" I wrote about 10 years ago, and I had a bit of extra time so I redid it. Unfortunately, it's hard to hear the farfisa in the mix, so I might redo it.

Here:

Two New Recordings here.

-----------------------
I like them both , I like the structure of "The World Is Crashing Down Around Me" and your vocal on the Rain song , your voice sounds doubled and i love doubling and it is a good vocal , I mean the other is also but I like your voice on the rain song particularly between the two , probably cause I like that style best between them.
Quote (Beefy Steve @ April 22 2007,14:55)
Kind of sounds like someone spitting into a cardboard box :)

Love the guitar sound though :cool:

Steve

Exactly what I was going for! I did it! I succeeded in getting it out of my head and on to tape! So to speak!

Hmmm..spitting into a cardboard box isn't good, is it? :)

Guitars: Rick 340 into the Carr Mercury, and the PRS with soap bars into the same amp. And a 100 dollar acoustic.

Geez Tom, how do you get the time to be so productive? I have to disagree with Beefy (normal event: take our opposing opinions on Clapton and Knopfler :) ) I really like " The world is crashing down around me" Almost Bowie style in parts. Very nice song.
Time for the album?

Ian

Working title for the next self-issued CD, from a comment here by phoo a while back: “The Guitar is an Antenna” - and don’t nobody take that title, now, eh? :)

Another song about the rain has more hooks than a bait shop. I instantly liked it, It would be a great live song.
Ba da da da da da dee dee-dee dee. Very catchy! :)

Very good stuff, Tom, as usual. I listened to these a couple of times the other day and ran out of time to reply. You know, you definitely have a signature sound going. If I heard a song you wrote and recorded on the radio and didn’t know it was you, I bet I’d guess it. (To me that’s a good thing by the way, assuming the sound is a good one like yours). :)

Only “Another Song About the Rain” didn’t have it. Wonder if that’s because you wrote it long ago. Or maybe it’s something else.

This post being the first I’ve heard of a Farfisa, I don’t know if I’m hearing it or not. Is it the real mccoy or a synth?