Accidental track selection is back or

I just can’t find a way to turn it off

Was there option somewhere to turn off the possibility to accidentally select tracks for volume editing?

Now I’m having problems with selecting more tracks and thus making unwanted volume nodes into tracks I don’t want to adjust.

I can’t find a way to turn that off in preferences.

My most preferred option would be a requirement to press cntr down and then choose multiple tracks, but now it seems to work irregularily.

Some ancient discussion on the matter:
http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin/ikonforum/index.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=9159;hl=varakeef

Hi varakeef:

I’ve been using Volume node creation on the latest projects I’m working on… I am using the latest builds as Flavio posts them…
I go to the toolbar and select volume cursor and go the the area on the timeline that I want to place a Node and hold the “shift” button and then “Click”… That creates as many Nodes as I choose, with No Issues… Keep in mind, Click on the Track’s timeline to hi-lite the track… I’m only working with one stereo track on the timeline…

Bill…

That’s what I try to do, but if I try to make a noodle into track 13 it may well happen that it does the same thing into track 2 (or 5 or whatever). (That’s pretty bad since it may happen outside the zoomed in are, unseen, and it may ruin the earlier made nodes in that track.)

The link above doesn’t seem to work, but the conclusion and reaction from Flavio back the was:

Quote:

Quote: (varakeef @ Dec. 13 2009, 9:30 AM)

I just came from the studio and I noticed yet anotherway to accidentally select unwanted tracks for volume automation.

This way: you select a track you want to select. The you concentrate on a part, typically like a guitar solo part so you loop it. When you highlite that part with a mouse in the upper part of the window you happen to select the track that is in the up then.

So I end up making nods to track 12 and 3 for example.

Quote:

Version 6.0.8 beta contains some fixes related to envelopes editing, including the option to apply edits to all selected tracks or only on the track you’re clicking on.
If anyone tries envelope editing with the new build I’d be glad to hear their comments.

Thanks, Flavio.

I’d really like to know where the option to apply edits to all selected tracks or only on the track you’re clicking on is turned on/off.

My version of N-track is maybe a two weeks old.

Hi varakeef:

It might be a Bug…
?
I normally install the latest builds on this machine and the P-4/XP machine in the studio as soon as Flavio posts them…
I am at v6.1.1 build 2653 now…
It’s been so long that I’ve had multiple tracks on this machine and Zoomed in on just one track that I am unable to remember just when,I had …

Bill…

p.s.
I am having trouble with my server today…
It disconnects me from the Internet whenever it chooses…

Quote: (varakeef @ Nov. 15 2010, 7:08 AM)

I'd really like to know where the option to apply edits to all selected tracks or only on the track you're clicking on is turned on/off.

Varakeef,

the option appears in the volume envelopes popup menu, i.e. the one that appears right clicking on a track (with the Volume Envelopes button is checked on the main toolbar), then selecting "Envelopes ->", the option is "Apply edits to all selected tracks".

Flavio.

Thanks, Flavio!

And Bill too - it really seems to work like you said, clicking the timeline of the track with vol envelope button selects just that track. The option to select more tracks requires clicking the track columns on the left it seems.

So whenever I want to play safe, I click the time line.

At times, I use “Normalize” to Smooth out peaks at certain places on tracks…
To do that I High-light a small section of the track, on the timeline and scan the level…
Then I drop it (the peak) by some arbitrary amount then listen/compare at the FIX before I render the changes…

If I’m not paying attention and watching I can and usually hi-lite several tracks and cause all the tracks to be under the level change…

Repetitive steps and doing a procedure many times causes the routine to improve…

Bill…