adat/firewire

planning upgrade, has anyone used…

Hi All.
Been a while since I posted.
I read a post on another board about a fairly inexpensive way to expand the number of inputs. They’re using a M Audio ProFire Lightbridge with a couple of Behringer Ultragain Pros into a software other than N Track giving them 16 a/d inputs with the option of adding 2 more Ultragains for a total of 32 inputs. Considering the Lightbridge is about $400 and each Ultragain is about $200 it sounds like an interesting upgrade path. Anyone tried this setup with N Track?

I didn’t get a response here, but read other posts about people’s success with other gear, so, I decided to go a slightly different route. Theres not as many inputs, but enough for my purposes. I went with the Alesis I/O 26 firewire interface. It only has 2 adat inputs but has 8 decent quality a/d converters(a friend played me some tracks, sounded good) which gives me 24 tracks of input. Waiting for its arrival. I’ll post again once I’m up and running.

Hey… sorry I missed this first time around… shrug

I have a Berry ADA8000. It’s pretty decent considering the price. The mic-pre’s are very transparent so don’t look for any ‘color’ and don’t push them too hard. They are TOO clinically ‘clean’ IMO. Almost brittle… but well worth 200 smackers.

D

ADAT works well. I have no experience with the hardware you are using, but I use N_track with a Layla or a MOTU and an Presonus ADAT - works great.
Bax